The Dundee United Thread 22/23

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I was going to have a rant over Harkes getting PotY but have decided against it out of spite.

The problem is I genuinely have no idea who our PotY is. Last season it was miserable to watch but Benji was a clear standout. This year is harder. Levitt scores spectacular goals but I still think he doesn't do quite enough between those high-profile moments. 

If I had to choose, Edwards would probably get my vote. He's been a consistent part of a solid defence having played alongside Mulgrew, Graham, Butcher, Neilson and Reynolds.

32 minutes ago, captainkev said:

The problem is I genuinely have no idea who our PotY is. Last season it was miserable to watch but Benji was a clear standout. This year is harder. Levitt scores spectacular goals but I still think he doesn't do quite enough between those high-profile moments. 

If I had to choose, Edwards would probably get my vote. He's been a consistent part of a solid defence having played alongside Mulgrew, Graham, Butcher, Neilson and Reynolds.

I’d disagree with you about Levitt, he is the most creative player by a mile and we are a far poorer team when he’s not playing.

1 hour ago, captainkev said:

He had a better year than most expected (myself included.)

Still, there will be some who lose their absolute fucking mind over him getting that award. Should be a good watch.

Bit of fan service for the owner, I suspect. We've got the Fans' Player of the Year (Levitt) and the Players' Player of the Year (Edwards), which pretty much covers two of the three sensible options (Mulgrew the other). Harkes has done better than most would have expected and much better than his worst critics will admit but I don't think anyone would seriously suggest that he's been the best player at the club. Top 10 maybe. Top 6 at a push.

18 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Harkes is represented by the YMU Group I think: their Global Executive Chairman Lyle Yorks highlighted him getting the POTY award on Sunday via his Twitter account.

Not entirely sure of that. I think he just promotes US players regardless. 

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Harkes is represented by the YMU Group I think: their Global Executive Chairman Lyle Yorks highlighted him getting the POTY award on Sunday via his Twitter account.

When did Meenie get into agency work?

On 15/05/2022 at 20:38, steve55 said:

I am going to make sure i do both home and away games, going to make the most of it.

Want to avoid Norway I aint paying 15 quid for a pint...

It isn't 15 quid. Get a pint for around a tenner. Quite good value really.

Enjoying a few bevs while i am here in Aberdeen for a couple of weeks.