The Dundee United Thread 22/23

44 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Siegrist
Smith, Edwards, McMann
Freeman, Meekison, McDonald, Levitt, Niskanen
McLeod, Clark

96644229_giphy(1).gif.574a0dd08a5daee0de9801e73f47aea2.gif

Congratulations Celtic. Winning the title by scoring double figures away from home will be a first id imagine.

Why does Courts seem to just bomb players out of the team/squad at the drop of a hat? Hes also fires randoms into the starting 11 completely out of the blue. There appears to be zero consistency with his team selections

35 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Why does Courts seem to just bomb players out of the team/squad at the drop of a hat? Hes also fires randoms into the starting 11 completely out of the blue. There appears to be zero consistency with his team selections

RON-BURGUNDY-ANCHORMAN-GIF-its-science-Giphy.gif.978e5bff9e4c8ce8877117c48c0278dc.gif

35 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

The young guys especially. McLeod’s had what? 2 brief sub appearances? Probably about 2 touches in total. I know he’s an excellent young player and highly rated but surely it would be better for his development to build up to starting, especially against Celtic? So many guys come in for a week or 2, do fine then you don’t see them again for a couple of months.

If I was cynic I’d suggest Courts was doing this to pad out his cv which he then fires off to clubs down south with claims like “played 15 academy graduates this season”. If you took away Graham and Freeman most of the rest of the list would have 2 or 3 games each. 

41 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

I reckon he does it to piss you off.  He’s probably reading your post just now and having a good laugh.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I reckon he does it to piss you off.  He’s probably reading your post just now and having a good laugh.

Thats the one thing hes actually good at then 

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Why does Courts seem to just bomb players out of the team/squad at the drop of a hat? Hes also fires randoms into the starting 11 completely out of the blue.

And then subs them at half time. Which I’m sure does their confidence wonders.

Well that’s us guaranteed 5th spot and European fitba with it.

If we better Motherwell’s result on Saturday we’d finish 4th.

Successful season? Aye. Enjoyable season? f**k no.

We started playing after we went a goal down. There’s something wrong with that attitude.

3 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

The young guys especially. McLeod’s had what? 2 brief sub appearances? Probably about 2 touches in total. I know he’s an excellent young player and highly rated but surely it would be better for his development to build up to starting, especially against Celtic? So many guys come in for a week or 2, do fine then you don’t see them again for a couple of months.

If I was cynic I’d suggest Courts was doing this to pad out his cv which he then fires off to clubs down south with claims like “played 15 academy graduates this season”. If you took away Graham and Freeman most of the rest of the list would have 2 or 3 games each. 

EcstaticColossalFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif.a6b606eb1d824a3ec8dddbbb8f15f16a.gif

We did well after we went a goal down and would have been hilarious had we won that.

Tony, get Levitt signed up pronto or ill hate you more than I hate Jackie McNaFortune. And im sure you'll not sleep at night knowing that.

Had we played the youngsters in this way against lesser opposition maybe we'd have been closer to Hertz than Motherwell. Frustrating. But a very good point.

2 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

EcstaticColossalFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif.a6b606eb1d824a3ec8dddbbb8f15f16a.gif

We did well after we went a goal down and would have been hilarious had we won that.

Tony, get Levitt signed up pronto or ill hate you more than I hate Jackie McNaFortune. And im sure you'll not sleep at night knowing that.

Had we played the youngsters in this way against lesser opposition maybe we'd have been closer to Hertz than Motherwell. Frustrating. But a very good point.

It’s naive to think Levitt will sign for us.

I would suggest "qualified for Europe in his first season in charge" will probably supercede that on his CV, but never mind