The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Guest Wieghortsnut

I once seen Adam Barton play against Liverpool for Preston in the fa Cup and had a very good game, f**k knows what happened to him 

Loaning Chalmers to ICT may be helping his development but maybe keeping him at United and giving him game time would have achieved the same thing with the added bonus of him contributing in our quest for Europe.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Loaning Chalmers to ICT may be helping his development but maybe keeping him at United and giving him game time would have achieved the same thing with the added bonus of him contributing in our quest for Europe.

It may prevent Killie getting promoted.

On balance then, it's the right decison

27 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Yup.

He played less than 180mins over 21 games for us in the league this season.

Surely the question is should he have only played 180 minutes?

How many minutes has McNulty played?

Hopefully he will return next season and fight for a regular spot.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Agree with this. Chalmers had a decent game in the 1-0 win over Sevco then got injured and lost his place to Nisksanen. Would have been a better option than Sporle surely. Declan Glass too, has barely kicked a ball at Kilmarnock.

17 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Fairly irrelevant though given we still have the same manager, who clearly had no inclination of playing him any more and was therefore happy to punt him out on loan.

He thinks McNulty is better.

Appere with a goal and two assists today. 

I know he's dropped a level but I never thought he got a fair crack of the whip as a centre forward at Tannadice (and on the rare occasions he did, he done pretty decent I thought). Certainly not the same crack of the whip that McNulty currently enjoys.

19 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I know he's dropped a level but I never thought he got a fair crack of the whip as a centre forward at Tannadice (and on the rare occasions he did, he done pretty decent I thought). Certainly not the same crack of the whip that McNulty currently enjoys.

15 hours ago, Steven W said:

Yup. No idea where Northampton are playing him, but he always struck me as having good potential up top rather than on the left where we always played him.

37 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

He's got 3 goals in 15 games. I like Louis and hope he does well but let's just all calm down a bit yeah?

Not really the full picture, it's 13 games plus two sub appearances (averaging around 70 minutes overall), playing as a lone striker, three goals right enough but 5 assists, which eclipses anything we have on the pitch so far this season.

I think posters are debating whether he was used to the best of his abilities at Tannadice, especially as Tam Courts has favoured playing a guy who possibly should be playing with a partner up front in McNulty. Louis was probably sold to make a bit of cash for a player going out of contract, and who hadn't been getting a run under three different managers.

Edwards and Levitt feature in 15 best performing players in Scottish Premiership.  Well done lads.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-dominate-premiership-best-players-26738264

Using the same methodology former player Andy Robertson (remember him?) in the top 15 in Europe.  Some lad.

5 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

He's got 3 goals in 15 games. I like Louis and hope he does well but let's just all calm down a bit yeah?

Once upon a time, we signed a young fella from a League Two side by the name of Jon Daly. Countless people bemoaned the signing citing his 1 in 5 goal scoring record in his career up to that point.

Others recognised that goal scoring isn't actually everything that defines a good forward.

Tony Watt has only scored 1 in 14 for us - somehow I've managed not to deploy my pitchfork yet!

Edited by ArabFC