The Dundee United Thread 22/23

5 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

And the club told us top 6 is a minimum expectation this season.

I take it anything less than a top 6 finish is a fail ? Mellon like already had been mentioned missed out by 1 point but got a wee cup run. I presume anything less and it's goodbye manager? Has already brought in 2 internationals and an ex international and more on the way so really is no excuses . 

2 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

The next few weeks are going to be interesting/pivotal to our chances of top 6 or being dragged down into the relegation battle.

Or just accept that you're in the strangely peaceful territory between, something I wish we were able to enjoy.

14 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I take it anything less than a top 6 finish is a fail ? Mellon like already had been mentioned missed out by 1 point but got a wee cup run. I presume anything less and it's goodbye manager? Has already brought in 2 internationals and an ex international and more on the way so really is no excuses . 

Maybe the club accountants look at it in such a manner. I think fans (generally) take a more rounded view.

At the minute we could easily finish top 6 or bottom 6, but either way we're pretty shit, so...

3 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Thats what the club said at the start of the season.

Again, many fans thought we could make top 6 last season, as younsay, we've brought in 2 internationals and forked out 6 figures on Scotlands top scorer.

I'm very curious who will be to blame or at fault if we don't make top 6. Because if its the manager, then he should be punted.

If its the players, then who signed them?

It would he great if Tam got the finger out and got the team playing the way it was earlier on. I have serious doubts he can but it would be a nice surprise obviously. 

1 hour ago, PartyFears2 said:

Tell everyone all summer we are going down then greet that we are only 7th. 

tough crowd. 

Precisely. United fans, like most supports, are as a group quite impulsive and erratic with their views, me included. I have the feeling that a significant majority had us down to be relegated when Tam Courts was appointed, and these fans were cynical about any claims we'd be top six. When Adam Asghar was spotted in the dugout, it only underlined the negativity from these supporters.

The team is struggling for form right now, so some fans are back to criticising the selection of Courts, claiming they were correct all along, while paradoxically using the top six aim as another stick with which to beat the club. Thus, was Asghar setting the target too low by appointing Courts, or overreaching our ambitions by stating the club was viewing the top six? 

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Precisely. United fans, like most supports, are as a group quite impulsive and erratic with their views, me included.

Don’t pin your cray-cray on the rest of us. I was neither particularly concerned about relegation when Courts was appointed nor did I think we were really all that when we won a few games.

I was cynical about Courts because (well, obviously) but I am neither calling for his head nor worry about shedding a tear if he departed.

Right now I’d suggest the team is less than the sum of its parts - albeit a few of the parts could easily be discarded - which reflects badly imho on the manager, but the season has a way to go yet.

Edited by ArabFC

I have 2 of the third shirts, both in XL.

I’m looking to sell one, and more importantly, swap one for a 2XL. (these Macron sizes are tight..)

Anyone point me in the right direction? 

9D51104E-9EFD-49F1-9D2A-55274F3D4811.png.2c238dd3381d93a12d25c418ead78c50.png

I have 2 of the third shirts, both in XL.

I’m looking to sell one, and more importantly, swap one for a 2XL. (these Macron sizes are tight..)

Anyone point me in the right direction? 

Presumably the shop would take your spare back given how many people missed out.