The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

£150k seems sensible for everyone, if that's figure. More than a nominal sum but not excessive to bring in a guy who will immediately be first choice centre forward. Only needs to make a difference of one league placing to pay for itself.

Aye, I think most rational 'well fans had £200k-ish as enough to get a deal done.

A sell on feels fairly redundant given no one really expects Watt to keep up the sort of form he's been in but it'll be interesting to see if we include any language about "the ability to earn more in the future" when we announce he's fucked off.

Edit: Our statement is...brief. :lol:

Edited by capt_oats

If he dosent finish as top scorer in Scotland with us finishing in the top 3 then its a total waste of money. Asghar out. Fucking BOOOO. 

Welcome to the club, Tony. Get used to it.

In all seriousness, I'm actually massively meh about this signing. Didn't think I'd be as positive as that.  Must be a good sign.

It’s (goals) that I was signed for, if I don’t then it’s a failure and that’s not in my vocabulary now.

Not even been at the club a day and he's already at the Tam Courts pishwaffle. 

On 14/01/2022 at 16:56, mishtergrolsch said:

The bold bit :

Were so absolutely swimming in money we can afford to pluck a bairn from Scotland who may or may not turn out decent for about £1million and probably pay him £5k a week for about 5 years. If not, meh.

Its mental.

However, good luck to the lad, even for the simple reason that if he gets sold to a big club down there for quadrillions we pocket some serious dosh.

I think Gerrard is looking at the future as Villa cant afford to match the big clubs in the transfer market.

Better Villa than the 2 ugly sisters anyway.

Kerr could be a great player for Scotland in the future too if he makes it.

41 minutes ago, steve55 said:

I think Gerrard is looking at the future as Villa cant afford to match the big clubs in the transfer market.

Better Villa than the 2 ugly sisters anyway.

Kerr could be a great player for Scotland in the future too if he makes it.

1097234393_giphy(3).gif.7ed0782d7aa815b0c42e5bdc26f04329.gif

25 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Any opinions on Florian Hoti? Been linked on loan with us.

Decent energy, very positive, works hard / not great technically, throws himself dangerously into tackles and is never going to make it in the top flight. He's featured quite a lot in the first team for United recently but only because of injuries to other players. Could do a decent job in the Championship.

Edit: I'd expect this to be the most positive review you get of him. Most will simply be: he's shite.

Edited by Pull My Strings