The Dundee United Thread 22/23

23 minutes ago, derrydode25 said:

I can assure you that simply ain't going to happen on any level what so ever, I'm told from a very good source that rangers have been talking to hearts over the weekend about signing him now instead of January and the figure rangers offered and the figure hearts want are nearly 90% in different directions and for that reason talks will not progress any further,unless hearts drop there valuation of the player, but I'm told that rangers will not pay any more that a mid 6 figure for him and hope hearts will see sense, but hearts want to keep John to try and secure 3rd spot which will in turn mean a 7 figure guarantee for the club next season. Expect this one to rumble on to the last minute.

woosh-whoosh.gif.abc445a75aef02140475a9adabbc797d.gif

I can assure you that simply ain't going to happen on any level what so ever, I'm told from a very good source that rangers have been talking to hearts over the weekend about signing him now instead of January and the figure rangers offered and the figure hearts want are nearly 90% in different directions and for that reason talks will not progress any further,unless hearts drop there valuation of the player, but I'm told that rangers will not pay any more that a mid 6 figure for him and hope hearts will see sense, but hearts want to keep John to try and secure 3rd spot which will in turn mean a 7 figure guarantee for the club next season. Expect this one to rumble on to the last minute.
Huge if true

Guest Wieghortsnut
42 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
9 hours ago, derrydode25 said:

Huge if true

Thats what she said

As I said when the story initially broke last month, I'll be very interested to see how Watt gets on at Tannadice. Motherwell is probably the only club, of many, that Tony has exceeded expectations. He seemed to have found a place where he was comfortable and he performed tremendously. Can he replicate that or will the old Tony Watt turn up at Tannadice? With Utd forking out a "six figure" transfer fee and a hefty contract, there's pressure on him from day 1. 

He was an excellent signing for us, which is something I didn't think I'd be saying on the day he signed. I'd have loved for him to stay at Fir Park, but if he's had a better offer elsewhere and Motherwell have been suitably compensated, then I'll wish him all the best. 

I'll at least get a good laugh reading all the meltdowns and hilarious takes on Twitter dot com this afternoon! 

12 hours ago, derrydode25 said:

ITK as fuck, imo.

As I said when the story initially broke last month, I'll be very interested to see how Watt gets on at Tannadice. Motherwell is probably the only club, of many, that Tony has exceeded expectations. He seemed to have found a place where he was comfortable and he performed tremendously. Can he replicate that or will the old Tony Watt turn up at Tannadice? With Utd forking out a "six figure" transfer fee and a hefty contract, there's pressure on him from day 1. 
He was an excellent signing for us, which is something I didn't think I'd be saying on the day he signed. I'd have loved for him to stay at Fir Park, but if he's had a better offer elsewhere and Motherwell have been suitably compensated, then I'll wish him all the best. 
I'll at least get a good laugh reading all the meltdowns and hilarious takes on Twitter dot com this afternoon! 
He's going to a big club. There's always pressure ;)

1 hour ago, Desp said:

There will be pressure on him, but if he can get close to his Motherwell form that will be good enough.  We haven't had a proper striker since pre-Mellonball Shankland (i.e. prior to our promotion).  Hopefully there is a Watt shaped hole in the iPad analysis and that Courts knows how to play the team around him - who knows as we currently don't have that type of player.  In a way this is as big for Courts (who has failed to fit Biamou into his team) as it is for Watt.  Could be interesting...

10 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

word on the street. 

£75k now, £75k in the summer. 

Well fans saying £110K upfront - either way a bit of a gamble.  Apologies Mongoose, I'm quoting you actually.

£75K about right in my opinion.  Wouldn't have paid more.

Edited by Finn Seemann