The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 minute ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I thought Carson's contract only ran until May this year anyway? Wiki has it as a two year deal, as does United's official site, but I wonder if that was renegotiated in the past weeks so he could secure a deal down south. Think he was signed as Seigrist may have been moving on, but did Benji not get injured a few weeks before the Summer transfer window slammed shut, putting the tin lid on his move?

Yeah, I think he was definitely signed to replace Benji as No. 1 and then Benji got injured almost immediately. If he's happy to compete with the new guy, or stay as No. 2, then great but he's a good keeper with not too many years left at a good level so that might be unlikely.

Unless Carson and this new guy are to fight it out next season with Benji being away by then?

Carson away this season to get games while new signing gets accustomed to the squad?

Just seems too good a keeper to let go, unless he wants away of course, as has been said.

Asked my Malmo supporting pal what he thought of him, said he didn't remember much of him so fook knows. 

I think we'll probably see Carson moved on in the summer, there's no way he'll come back to sit as number 2 IMO. 

Pretty happy with this signing, young but experienced international  keeper with his best years ahead of him... Could do well and we get a decent fee for him? 

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

You cuntos seem to have a decent scouting network I have to admit, and a magic money tree.

It certainly is in comparison to your manager's scouting network which seems to mostly consist of players from our Championship winning squad and those who played for either Hibs or Livi, especially alongside him.

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Think im past it now mate. Maybe a couple of years ago 

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Is he from Eastern Europe?????

It's comrade Twinkle-ov signing yes. 

I was stating what i think we needed BTW not anything ITK 🤣

Only ITK info I have from the club atm is that there were a couple of young Americans scouted from the college league. I imagine that was to do with the link up with Brian Welsh's team though and it's probably nothing. 

6 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Is he a cannibal? That’s the important thing.

You cuntos seem to have a decent scouting network I have to admit, and a magic money tree.

An Eastern European cannibalistic battering ram thats 6'4 and skillful?

That would top Ciftci for me.

5 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

It's comrade Twinkle-ov signing yes. 

I was stating what i think we needed BTW not anything ITK 🤣

Only ITK info I have from the club atm is that there were a couple of young Americans scouted from the college league. I imagine that was to do with the link up with Brian Welsh's team though and it's probably nothing. 

Maybe tell your source that he/she should feed back to Tony and friends the fans (well, me anyway) would let everything slide if he signed the Centre Forward version of Fojut on a 5 year deal.

It genuinely wouldn't bother me if he was a cannibal either. If he scored more than Clark he could eat who he wants.

I thought Carson asked to leave - tried to negotiate a settlement - but was only granted a loan deal? 
Probably covering our arse in case the Eriksson deal fell through at the last minute. I imagine he'll be away permanently in the summer

9 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

It genuinely wouldn't bother me if he was a cannibal either. If he scored more than Clark he could eat who he wants.

Agree up to a point. Cannibal is fine, but vegan would be a step too far. 

Edited by Junior_Arab