The Dundee United Thread 22/23

10 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I'd take Ciftci back. No matter how terrible he is or isn't now, hes just a maverick nut case that chews BNBs.

What a man.

Love Ciftci, obviously, but all of the reservations we have about Watt (ie only really 1 good spell in his entire career to date) apply just as much to Ciftci. And we’re a very different club (mostly in a good way) and team (not so much) to the one he played in. 

5 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

the text says ‘keeper flying in..’

Or the they'll keep flying in?

4 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

Love Ciftci, obviously, but all of the reservations we have about Watt (ie only really 1 good spell in his entire career to date) apply just as much to Ciftci. And we’re a very different club (mostly in a good way) and team (not so much) to the one he played in. 

Aye but at least he's guaranteed to have the Derry Massive pure frothing like a rabid dog which would be funny at least. 

Watt hasn't got that sort of relationship with the wee team. Yet anyway.

Plus, if we got 80% of Prime Ciftci that would be admission price alone for me. We have very little personality in the team.

I feel like we need an unpredictable mad b*****d, and Nadir Ciftci is the best unpredictable mad b*****d we have had in the last 20 years. I suspect he'll never be the player he was when he was here the first time, but I'll still feel slightly sad when he lines up against us in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I feel like we need an unpredictable mad b*****d, and Nadir Ciftci is the best unpredictable mad b*****d we have had in the last 20 years. I suspect he'll never be the player he was when he was here the first time, but I'll still feel slightly sad when he lines up against us in a few weeks.

Wato Kuate being the baddest maddest b*****d.

That's probably it for Carson then. Difficult to see him establishing himself as No. 1 even after Benji leaves in the summer. Shame, he looked a decent keeper but if we're signing a 26 year old international on that length of deal then he's presumably intended to be first choice.

7 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

Yes. We're a much much much worse team from the one that Ciftci was brilliant in.

Maybe Ciftci is a much much much worse player than he was when he was with us, but it'll still pain me to see the beautiful b*****d playing against us for the bloody farmers.

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

That's probably it for Carson then. Difficult to see him establishing himself as No. 1 even after Benji leaves in the summer. Shame, he looked a decent keeper but if we're signing a 26 year old international on that length of deal then he's presumably intended to be first choice.

I thought Carson's contract only ran until May this year anyway? Wiki has it as a two year deal, as does United's official site, but I wonder if that was renegotiated in the past weeks so he could secure a deal down south. Think he was signed as Seigrist may have been moving on, but did Benji not get injured a few weeks before the Summer transfer window slammed shut, putting the tin lid on his move?

9 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

You could claim Benji was our best player and Carson was a more than capable deputy, so an odd signing on the face of it - we've certainly got more pressing concerns - but maybe Benji and Carson have both made it clear they want to go, so... meh.

Edited by ArabFC