The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Ross Graham will be returning to Dundee United, having been recalled from his season long loan.

Hardly played since September.

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Seems to have done really well at Dunfermline whose fans were desperate for him to stay for the season.

Aye.

41 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Dundee United.

Big Marquee signing.

How many other than Shankland were a relative success?

There are similarities between Watt and Shankland in that they were around quite a few clubs without great success before they showed consistent form with Motherwell and Ayr respectively. I'm clinging to that hope.

3 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Seems to have done really well at Dunfermline whose fans were desperate for him to stay for the season.

Is it not the complete opposite in that he's hardly played for them the last 3 months and their fans are happy he's been sent back?

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Hardly played since September.

Aye.

There are similarities between Watt and Shankland in that they were around quite a few clubs without great success before they showed consistent form with Motherwell and Ayr respectively. I'm clinging to that hope.

Yeah I see where you're coming from. Hopefully hes screwed the nut like Shankland did and its not a purple patch.

Is it not the complete opposite in that he's hardly played for them the last 3 months and their fans are happy he's been sent back?
Pretty sure that's the joke.

Graham is comfortably the worst CB I've ever seen and will easily be named in the all time worst Dunfermline XI, I'm not even exaggerating.

2 hours ago, Goldenface said:

Pretty sure that's the joke.

Graham is comfortably the worst CB I've ever seen and will easily be named in the all time worst Dunfermline XI, I'm not even exaggerating.

Considering you've had Mark Durnan and currently have Col Donaldson and Marc Connolly your point is fucking scary.

Or, hopefully, you're the worst judge of a CH on earth.

4 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Another interesting link up. Wonder which Fulham kids will be arriving this window then

https://news.stv.tv/sport/dundee-united-announce-partnership-with-english-side-fulham

I can’t be arsed listing them but we (along with most other Scottish clubs) must have had links with half of the clubs in Europe. I’ve yet to see a tangible legacy from a single one of them.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

Just now, ArabianKnight said:

That's even more interesting. That would tell me the club won't be trying to sign McNulty once his loan is up. 

McNulty hasn't really done anything to merit being kept on imo. I wouldnt have brought him back either personally. 

There's a player in there but I don't think we will get the best out of him.

57 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Wonder if the young guy who was at Raith could be a loan target after the Fulham link up.

Kieran Bowie I think the name is.

Sure United were linked with him before he moved south.

I was checking their u23s and his name rang a bell now I know why cheers.