The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Pleased to see Edwards given the club captaincy. It was a bit weird to have it as someone who doesn't play and occasionally given to a halfwit.

I would have gone Mulgrew myself but you probably get the leadership from him anyway and you can't say Edwards hasn't been a leader on the park this year. 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Pleased to see Edwards given the club captaincy. It was a bit weird to have it as someone who doesn't play and occasionally given to a halfwit.

I would have gone Mulgrew myself but you probably get the leadership from him anyway and you can't say Edwards hasn't been a leader on the park this year. 

Just seen that on twitter too. Well deserved and in a much better pair of hands than Butcher who's beyond salvation now after his antics at the weekend. 

For a club aiming to be regularly challenging for the top 6 with the odd European push / Cup run i don't think Butcher is good enough. For midfield anyway.

I've always thought of him as a decent centre half and id have him as backup for that position before hes anywhere near midfield. Unless we need an extra person to break up play when sitting in.

Considering the clubs youth approach and the young centre halfs pushing for a first team slot, I think he'll be used sparingly.

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Did she study Pawlett in going for that innocent/petulant expression?

That's a fairly neutral expression for her. She's the embodiment of supressed rage and murder. 

It's wonderful watching her standing up to lassies twice the size of her though 🤣 She's in the U7s but they have to play against U9s a lot. 

I'm not sure now if you mean the eldest though 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

@ArabianKnight, couldn't have picked a better day for it!

Hope they have an absolute ball. 

It was absolute chaos in the suite with the U7s, U9s and U11s youth all in first 🤣 Then the 2 other U11s got theirs done and it was equally as chaotic, my ears are still ringing with all the noise! 

Slagging the Derry for all those years as being a tin-can yet not even last nights hooley could damage it. Tannadice on the other hand...

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/supporter-information-road-closure/?fbclid=IwAR04waWRqgX8aXYf6k547Dyz6VzsjSG23rXiaEAIetPOo2MPLbiZuuLTsDs

Edited by SweeperDee

18 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Slagging the Derry for all those years as being a tin-can yet not even last nights hooley could damage it. Tannadice on the other hand...

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/supporter-information-road-closure/?fbclid=IwAR04waWRqgX8aXYf6k547Dyz6VzsjSG23rXiaEAIetPOo2MPLbiZuuLTsDs

Weird. Cause the club was perfectly happy to allow a bunch of the academy kids in earlier to do their signings etc this morning. 

Weird. Cause the club was perfectly happy to allow a bunch of the academy kids in earlier to do their signings etc this morning. 

I have no ideas of the ins and outs as they say. Doubt Utd would pass kids being anywhere near it if they thought it was a concern. Probably someone on our side hamming a loose slate up.

9 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

I have no ideas of the ins and outs as they say. Doubt Utd would pass kids being anywhere near it if they thought it was a concern. Probably someone on our side hamming a loose slate up.

The link says the Tannadice roof but when I was in this morning there was no cordoned off bits or anything like that. Obviously where I was I wouldn't be able to see up onto the roof but there was very limited debris about, bif of cladding down by the main door but you could see where that had came off from the side of the building rather than roof.