The Dundee United Thread 22/23

On 17/10/2021 at 14:36, ArabFC said:

Well yeah, that’s how forums work.

But a signing target for who? The Old Firm won’t be after him. No other Scottish club are really in the habit of wasting money throwing cash to sign other SPFL players. Abroad? Doubtful.

Down South? Well, given he was released by League One Blackpool to come here and it was a common thought that we’d simply release him in the summer to reunite with Micky at League Two Tranmere, I’m struggling to think of a viable side who’d think him worth the money we’d be wanting to let him go.

Hibs !

In other news:

Ryan Gauld now the highest paid Scottish player in MLS overtaking Johnny Russell.  £27k a week - not to be sniffed at!

If Beerschot gets relegated Lawrence Shankland will end up in a right Mickey Mouse league.  The Belgian second tier looks like our First Division.

Beerschot are rock bottom with 2 points from 11 games.  I reckon he’d fit in well with Tam’s style of play.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

In other news:

Ryan Gauld now the highest paid Scottish player in MLS overtaking Johnny Russell.  £27k a week - not to be sniffed at!

If Beerschot gets relegated Lawrence Shankland will end up in a right Mickey Mouse league.  The Belgian second tier looks like our First Division.

Beerschot are rock bottom with 2 points from 11 games.  I reckon he’d fit in well with Tam’s style of play.

Agree but unlikely to happen. I wonder if he has a clause in his contract to cover that situation.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

1 hour ago, kdyteejay said:

Agree but unlikely to happen. I wonder if he has a clause in his contract to cover that situation.

47 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Aye. Demanding an emergency loan to Hearts or Hibs.

Possible that he'll finish up at Sheffield United at the end of this season.

10 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Possible that he'll finish up at Sheffield United at the end of this season.

Can’t see him going to an English Championship club tbh.  He’s scored zero goals this season so far.

I reckon he’s going to have to come back at Scottish Premiership level (at best) to re-establish himself, maybe on a loan deal.   Mickey Mellon fucked him with his anti-football.

29 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Can’t see him going to an English Championship club tbh.  He’s scored zero goals this season so far.

I reckon he’s going to have to come back at Scottish Premiership level (at best) to re-establish himself, maybe on a loan deal.   Mickey Mellon fucked him with his anti-football.

Only suggesting Sheffield United as they are a struggling Championship club with the same owners as Beerschot, which was a very odd move in the first place. But that might depend on his Belgian side being relegated, which looks likely right now, and Lawrence Shankland himself showing up relatively well over the season. 

He's only been given one full 90 minutes there this season, and played well albeit mostly playing on the right side, deeper than he would normally be used to, until he was shifted up front later in that match.

59 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Only suggesting Sheffield United as they are a struggling Championship club with the same owners as Beerschot, which was a very odd move in the first place. But that might depend on his Belgian side being relegated, which looks likely right now, and Lawrence Shankland himself showing up relatively well over the season. 

He's only been given one full 90 minutes there this season, and played well albeit mostly playing on the right side, deeper than he would normally be used to, until he was shifted up front later in that match.

He is not getting the chance to show what he can do, whether that’s a result of being played out of position or playing in a shite team or a combination of both.  If he can’t show what he’s capable of he’s not going to get a chance at Sheffield United imo regardless of how much they’re struggling.

Fwiw I also think he’s a confidence player, that showed last season.  His confidence will be at rock bottom just now and he will need the right sort of move, even if it’s a loan move, to get his form back AND rebuild his confidence.

I think he’s a great talent and Covid/Mellon/poor move has screwed him up and I’d love to see him back on course.

Just got out the van near directly in the path of Sean Dillon out on a jog with what I presume was his young lad. Stepped out of his way and got a "Tank you" and then heard him say "Tank da nice man" and then his son thanked me, too. 

Manners cost nothing and my love for the delightful United hero grows. 

Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Just got out the van near directly in the path of Sean Dillon out on a jog with what I presume was his young lad. Stepped out of his way and got a "Tank you" and then heard him say "Tank da nice man" and then his son thanked me, too. 

Manners cost nothing and my love for the delightful United hero grows. 

Thank you. 

There's folk in this world who are just gid c***s and Dillo is deffo one of them. 

He's just jogged by me again and if he's looped the whole of Inchture in that space of time it took me to glug a tin of tomato soup then its bloody child abuse. :lol:

Edit : the Bairn will sleep tonight let's put it that way. Some guy. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

16 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

He'll go to Hearts and reunite with Robbie Neilson. Bookmark it if you want. It's gonna happen.

6 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

It's really not. 

I wouldn’t say “It’s gonna happen”, but I think a move similar to that is what he needs to reboot his career.

It’s probably too much to hope he would come back to us on loan but McNulty is a loan player and Biamou will be away at the end of the season so come the summer we may have a shortage of strikers.  A move back for a year to a club he knows where he’s not competing with a bunch of other strikers might be attractive to the player and his club; more so if we qualify for Europe.