The Dundee United Thread 22/23

39 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Down South? Well, given he was released by League One Blackpool to come here

Plenty players come to Scotland... make this league look piss easy and then move onto a bigger club.  Sam Cosgrove.... Carlisle/ Aberdeen / Birmingham/ now at Shrewsbury on loan.

Aberdeen won't care as they came in quids in. 

50 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I've said this already, but our first order of business should be getting Fuchs on a McLean-era length of contract

Fuchs won’t be with us next season; I’m just hoping he’ll still be here after Christmas.

I just hope his next move works out well for the lad.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Fuchs won’t be with us next season; I’m just hoping he’ll still be here after Christmas.

I just hope his next move works out well for the lad.

I don't think we'll still have him at the end of the window TBH.

I just hope he's playing in a different league

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

Plenty players come to Scotland... make this league look piss easy and then move onto a bigger club.  Sam Cosgrove.... Carlisle/ Aberdeen / Birmingham/ now at Shrewsbury on loan.

Aberdeen won't care as they came in quids in. 

I ken folk get carried away when we win a couple of gemmes but you’ve lost the plot if you reckon anyone is gonna pay a seven figure sum for Ryan Edwards.

3 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I ken folk get carried away when we win a couple of gemmes but you’ve lost the plot if you reckon anyone is gonna pay a seven figure sum for Ryan Edwards.

Who mentioned a seven figure sum?

Ryan Edwards at the top of his game isn't worth 7 figures. He's the type of CH that's worth a few hundred grand, maybe £500,000 at a push if playing sensational stuff. Hes not a glamorous CH - hes very effective at our level though. 

If he was 5 years younger playing like he is then maybe a bigger team would take a punt  for decent money.

At the moment, he and Mulgrew together in the team are not worth selling or breaking up for any reason imo.

Here's a thing, I'll hold my hands up and say I expected much worse from Courts. If anything I expected what Glass has done at Aberdeen, initially a few decent results down to new manager bounce, then to drop off badly as he found himself out of his depth.

Fair play to the lad.

6 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Ryan Edwards at the top of his game isn't worth 7 figures. He's the type of CH that's worth a few hundred grand, maybe £500,000 at a push if playing sensational stuff. Hes not a glamorous CH - hes very effective at our level though. 

If he was 5 years younger playing like he is then maybe a bigger team would take a punt  for decent money.

At the moment, he and Mulgrew together in the team are not worth selling or breaking up for any reason imo.

There’s a difference between thinking he might go and wanting him to.  If United got an offer of, say £300k, would Ogren turn that down?

I reckon Robson wouldn’t have went for much more than that.

41 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I couldn't give a f**k if you get anything for him... more pointing out players do come up here n make a name n then go down to a higher level from what they were at better.

13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s a difference between thinking he might go and wanting him to.  If United got an offer of, say £300k, would Ogren turn that down?

I reckon Robson wouldn’t have went for much more than that.

Right now id not sell Edwards unless its daft money, which won't happen.

Hes worth more to us playing than a few hundred K imo. But, obviously, I'm not Ogren so I don't know. But money talks and we have young centre halfs waiting in the wings. 

I doubt the scenario will arise anyway. 

On 18/10/2021 at 06:56, mishtergrolsch said:

Right now id not sell Edwards unless its daft money, which won't happen.

Hes worth more to us playing than a few hundred K imo. But, obviously, I'm not Ogren so I don't know. But money talks and we have young centre halfs waiting in the wings. 

I doubt the scenario will arise anyway. 

More likely to sell Kerr Smith. After all United were trying to punt the lad earlier this season. Only problem for United is he doesn’t want to go.

51 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

More likely to sell Kerr Smith. After all United were trying to punt the lad earlier this season. Only problem for United is he doesn’t want to go.

I think the rumour about Kerr Smith being touted out to any club who'd pay out was just that, a story put around to cast doubt on the direction of the club under Ogren, Asghar and Courts (especially Asghar).