The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

I wasn’t there today so not sure if this issue was addressed today.

Have noted the conspicuous complete absence of the Tam CourtsTangerine Army chant so far this season.

If this is not ringing out of Tannadice at 3pm next Saturday, we should all have a right fucking good look at ourselves…..

"Thomas" scans better. Presumably why he's upscaled the nomenclature.

I've just re watched the highlights and from that performance (yes I know its only highlights) I got vibes of the "we only score 4" era under he who shall not be named. Some amazing movement, one twos and tidy finishes. 

Throw into the mix we have two of the best centre halfs since Wilkie/ Webster/ Dods and with two good full backs (Smith should be nowhere near the team unless Freeman is injured or in extremely poor form) we have balance either side now. We've not had that in years.

Also, I honestly thought we'd picked up the usual utter clogger of a boy from down south when I saw Edwards initially but since about 5 games into his United career he's been an absolute beast and I hope he's here forever.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Does anyone know what the “+” in front of our goal difference means?

I’m sure I’ve seen it before, but definitely not for a while…

Think its something to do with goals and that we've got to score more than we concede to keep the little "+" thingy. I heard its a good thing but I'm not really an expert in the field.

I think Rangers and Celtic get a "×" and not a "+" though.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Also, I honestly thought we'd picked up the usual utter clogger of a boy from down south when I saw Edwards initially but since about 5 games into his United career he's been an absolute beast and I hope he's here forever.

I reckon the three players most likely to be targeted by other clubs in the Christmas transfer window are Fuchs, Benji and Ryan Edwards.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I reckon the three players most likely to be targeted by other clubs in the Christmas transfer window are Fuchs, Benji and Ryan Edwards.

As much as Edwards is doing a good job, I really can’t see any club splashing out for him.

16 hours ago, MacArab said:

I wasn’t there today so not sure if this issue was addressed today.

Have noted the conspicuous complete absence of the Tam CourtsTangerine Army chant so far this season.

If this is not ringing out of Tannadice at 3pm next Saturday, we should all have a right fucking good look at ourselves…..

I would venture that he would prefer the song to be "Thomas Courts Militarily Oriented force who are proactively and positively wearing clothes of a tangerine hue to display an esprit de corps towards all others who wish to run the flag up the flagpole to see who salutes" but that might not scan as well.

7 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I would venture that he would prefer the song to be "Thomas Courts Militarily Oriented force who are proactively and positively wearing clothes of a tangerine hue to display an esprit de corps towards all others who wish to run the flag up the flagpole to see who salutes" but that might not scan as well.

This is such an August 2021 take on the guy. Get with the times, grandad.

27 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

As much as Edwards is doing a good job, I really can’t see any club splashing out for him.

We will agree to disagree, not for the first time and, I’m sure, not for the last.

I’m not sure how scouting works but I’m sure there are clubs on the lookout for a big, no-nonsense centre back who attacks everything.  If he keeps doing what he’s been doing for the next couple of months I think he could become a signing target.

For any scouts reading this, I have dementia and Edwards is a useless haddie with a serious black pudding addiction.

The thing about Edwards is as well as being a big fucking unit he has a bit of football in him too. Makes such a difference having two centre halves whose first thought isn’t hoof it up the park at the first opportunity.

Edited by Gibby82

At the start of the season I had serious concerns about appointing Courts, was depressed at the thought of Pawlett and Harkes being in the starting lineup despite being pish and worried about splashing a decent wage on an over the hill Charlie Mulgrew. 

It’s still early days but I am eating slice after slice of humble pie and I’m fucking loving it. Ignoring the Aberdeen game Courts has us well set up and looking like a team that knows what they are trying to do, Harkes and Pawlett are contributing on a weekly basis and Charlie Mulgrew is fucking strolling through games with him and Edwards looking the best defensive pairing we’ve had in some time. 

Keep up the good work Tam/Thomas/Tom/Tommy/T-Diddy (whatever the f**k he wants to be known as)

The better we get, the amount of players out of contract next summer starts to worry me, especially with a lot of them being first team players. 

Harkes, Siegrist, Fuchs and Freeman are all out of contract, as well as Hoti who came off the bench. Would like to see efforts to get them all tied on longer deals over the next couple of months, though I accept that Siegrist and Fuchs are probably going to want to get the type of money we can't afford to give them.

You lads looked impressive at the weekend. What exciting youngsters do you have coming through? I heard that's why Courts was brought in, to help integrate the young lads into the team. Anyone you chaps are particularly excited about?

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

We will agree to disagree, not for the first time and, I’m sure, not for the last.

I’m not sure how scouting works but I’m sure there are clubs on the lookout for a big, no-nonsense centre back who attacks everything.  If he keeps doing what he’s been doing for the next couple of months I think he could become a signing target.

Well yeah, that’s how forums work.

But a signing target for who? The Old Firm won’t be after him. No other Scottish club are really in the habit of wasting money throwing cash to sign other SPFL players. Abroad? Doubtful.

Down South? Well, given he was released by League One Blackpool to come here and it was a common thought that we’d simply release him in the summer to reunite with Micky at League Two Tranmere, I’m struggling to think of a viable side who’d think him worth the money we’d be wanting to let him go.