The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Don't think anyone could have guessed we would be 3pts from the top after 9 games when Courts was given the job. 

Pretty sure I predicted that but having problems finding the post now…

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Don't think anyone could have guessed we would be 3pts from the top after 9 games when Courts was given the job. 

Some of the fury from 'a few' supporters was certainly unjustified. I was happy we'd avoided one of the dinosaurs. All appointments are gambles, this one has looked promising so far.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Pretty sure I predicted that but having problems finding the post now…

Struggling to mind that...........

@Mark Connollymentioned it in the match thread and absolutely no disrespect to Liam Smith here but there's no way he comes straight back in the team.

I was incredibly hopefully when we resigned Freeman that he would discover some of the potential that lead to him getting signed by Southampton years ago. 

Even after a ridiculously bad ligament injury he looks like he's getting there again. Needs a longer contract pronto. 

7 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

What a game. It’s really difficult to pick a man of the match, I’m going for Edwards.

I'm struggling with that as well. Mulgrew was also an absolute rock at the back and McMann had a great game too. You can really see the difference in Harkes as well. He's playing with so much more drive and confidence.

Honestly it's so refreshing to see us actually look like we know to defend. We're on 6 clean sheets in 9 league games so far this season and we haven't had to resort to total shitfesting tactics like Mellon did last season.

4 minutes ago, captainkev said:

I'm struggling with that as well. Mulgrew was also an absolute rock at the back and McMann had a great game too. You can really see the difference in Harkes as well. He's playing with so much more drive and confidence.

Honestly it's so refreshing to see us actually look like we know to defend. We're on 6 clean sheets in 9 league games so far this season and we haven't had to resort to total shitfesting tactics like Mellon did last season.

I’m with @kdyteejay in going for Edwards, but every single player was excellent..  I’m not exaggerating in saying there were games last season when no player got pass marks.

Fuckin loving us just now. Controlled possession rather than just launching long high balls up the park. Solid at the back with the best defence in the division plus despite not really having a number 9, look dangerous going forward. What a job TC is doing just now

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m with @kdyteejay in going for Edwards, but every single player was excellent..  I’m not exaggerating in saying there were games last season when no player got pass marks.

Aye not one player let us down today. Even on one of his quieter days Benji still made a superb save late on to keep the clean sheet.

Credit to Glass as well. I questioned the wisdom of starting  him in the match thread, but he put a hell of a performance in. We barely missed Levitt in the end today.

15 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Aye not one player let us down today. Even on one of his quieter days Benji still made a superb save late on to keep the clean sheet.

Credit to Glass as well. I questioned the wisdom of starting  him in the match thread, but he put a hell of a performance in. We barely missed Levitt in the end today.

Totally agree with this.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

@Twinkle named the thread appropriately.

What a visionary you are, sir.

I wasn’t there today so not sure if this issue was addressed today.

Have noted the conspicuous complete absence of the Tam CourtsTangerine Army chant so far this season.

If this is not ringing out of Tannadice at 3pm next Saturday, we should all have a right fucking good look at ourselves…..

4 minutes ago, MacArab said:

I wasn’t there today so not sure if this issue was addressed today.

Have noted the conspicuous complete absence of the Tam CourtsTangerine Army chant so far this season.

If this is not ringing out of Tannadice at 3pm next Saturday, we should all have a right fucking good look at ourselves…..

I am happy to confirm that it was belted out by all the happy Arabs in attendance today.