The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Getting Ciftci vibes about Max. Big guy, looks to have lots of talent but not really made it at a big club for whatever reason and looking for a shop window to get there. 

At 30 this is probably his last chance of getting a truly big move and id imagine if he does well he'll be off to [Rangers, Celtic]* or back down south, wherever the money takes him, which is fair enough.

If I'm dissapointed hes leaving or delighted hes staying after this season hell have done something right. If not, then it'll likeley be no loss.

*He can f**k right off if he does that.

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Getting Ciftci vibes about Max. Big guy, looks to have lots of talent but not really made it at a big club for whatever reason and looking for a shop window to get there. 

At 30 this is probably his last chance of getting a truly big move and id imagine if he does well he'll be off to [Rangers, Celtic]* or back down south, wherever the money takes him, which is fair enough.

If I'm dissapointed hes leaving or delighted hes staying after this season hell have done something right. If not, then it'll likeley be no loss.

Hmm...

I'm going to wait a few matches until I decide whether this boy is any good or not. The fact he's been without a club makes a little unconvinced. Hopefully he comes good.

I find it bizarre so many Utd fans have got so excited about a guy who less than a week ago hadn't heard of or seen play

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I'm going to wait a few matches until I decide whether this boy is any good or not. The fact he's been without a club makes a little unconvinced. Hopefully he comes good.

I find it bizarre so many Utd fans have got so excited about a guy who less than a week ago hadn't heard of or seen play

Not entirely true. I know a few that had touted him during summer as a possible target. 

Suppose this is the most appropriate thread for this.

Pal recently started a podcast.

First guest was Morgaro Gomis.

Nice wee blether with him about his career.

Gie it a spin.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=210553824413249&id=176176624517636&m_entstream_source=timeline

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Imagine that, a clubs supporters being excited about a new unknown signing? It will never take off....

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Imagine that, a clubs supporters being excited about a new unknown signing? It will never take off....

To be honest its probably more particular to other forums / social mediaI than here, but a lot of our fans have violently swung from  "We desperately need a striker (in fact two strikers)" / "We need a target man""  to  "Biamou is hopefully the start of a better standard of striker" based upon nothing other than footage from YouTube of a guy they didn't even know existed at the start of this week. Two or three matches without a goal, and it'll soon swing back the other way.

I certainly hope he'll come good, but like every signing he'll most proabably need a while to settle in and get up to speed. Ashgar's signings so far have come good, so we can only hope he's pulled another rabbit from a hat.

4 hours ago, Steven W said:

Really? 

Remember it was £3m ~ £5m for Shankland and now £3m for Fuchs. 

One of the most giddy fan bases there ever was. 

13 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

It's Native American mate

Yeah, I’d have reservations about using that term.

5 hours ago, Steven W said:

F*ck you.  I was reasonably excited but you’ve spoilt it for me now.

9 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I hope your initial analysis is correct.  If he’s using us as a last chance shop window and we can get a decent return from him between now and the end of the season I won’t grudge the guy anything.

I had been suggesting that Nicky Clark deserved a chance in the team but in the recent games he’s played he’s been very disappointing.  I wonder if Biamou is the sort of player that Clark can play along side that allows him to become a penalty box predator.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Really? 

Tbf Dundee fans on this very site had Cammy Kerr and Craig Wighton as Scotland regulars at one point.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Really? 

To be fair Harry Souttar is getting quoted at £30 million so no wonder people get carried away.

Though I do think Fuchs will go for serious coin one day. Boy’s a pler. Not for us though sadly he’ll be away for nowt in the summer. 

2 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

To be fair Harry Souttar is getting quoted at £30 million so no wonder people get carried away.

Though I do think Fuchs will go for serious coin one day. Boy’s a pler. Not for us though sadly he’ll be away for nowt in the summer. 

And do we not have a 15% sell on or something?

Football is truly broken when you look at the cost of players but I hope it works to our huge advantage here. Could keep Admin Friday at bay another fortnight.