The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Yeah that's great from Courts.

Defending his player, making a clear message racism isn't acceptable, and getting the whole country talking about the incident rather than just ignoring it.

On 31/08/2021 at 18:48, FuzzyBear said:

By the way McMann is awful. Cant tackle or pass, poor in the air. Worst right foot I have ever seen. He puts in a decent cross every 4 games but thats about it.

Bump…..

He’s been fucking immense……

Bump…..
He’s been fucking immense……
I liked Jamie Robson more than a lot of United fans, but Scott McMann is definitely an upgrade. We did well there.

We didn't make many signings in the last window, but they've all been good ones. Still not 100% convinced by Mark McNulty, but I think he suits our style of play better than Nicky Clark does.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Four wins, two draws and two defeats; pretty spectacular start to the season.

If we can take four points from our next three games it would be an admirable start to the season after the first round of games.

52 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Four wins, two draws and two defeats; pretty spectacular start to the season.

If we can take four points from our next three games it would be an admirable start to the season after the first round of games.

You have to assume Hibs will beat us, as even if we play well at Easter Road they will undoubtedly get their obligatory soft penalty/offside goal/both.

We never ever win away to Livingston (we last won there in 2005!), and Motherwell at home will be tough given their form. But we shouldn't fear anyone playing as we have been. As others have said though, it's United, so something bad is going to happen at some point. Even if we did lose the next three, 14 points from the first round of fixtures is far in excess of what anyone expected.

6 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

You have to assume Hibs will beat us, as even if we play well at Easter Road they will undoubtedly get their obligatory soft penalty/offside goal/both.

We never ever win away to Livingston (we last won there in 2005!), and Motherwell at home will be tough given their form. But we shouldn't fear anyone playing as we have been. As others have said though, it's United, so something bad is going to happen at some point. Even if we did lose the next three, 14 points from the first round of fixtures is far in excess of what anyone expected.

I think given the standards now being set, we should be looking at 4 points from the next 3 games as a decent prospect, but also, agree, if we take less than that, we should still be very happy with the start we have made to the season. 

I am for the first time since coming back up, daring to look up the league as opposed to down.

Cue 3 pumpings to bring me right back down to Earth, such is the life of an Arab.

6 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

“Guy in white hoodie, sat beside stairs of JK stand. Ross Starke took him around shaking hands and in the 2nd half he sat with the guys at the score board. Apparently he’s the striker mate”

If that's the boy I'm thinking of he needs to shift a few lbs before getting on the pitch 🤣