The Dundee United Thread 22/23

I had Covid the other week causing me to miss the Hibs match. Lost the sense of smell and taste which was absolutely bizarre however both have come back within a matter of days. Seen elsewhere that it could take weeks/months for others. 

Ps - i felt fine the whole time apart from those symptoms

8 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Let's be charitable and say they are misunderstanding the rules. This would only apply to games live on Sky.

It doesn't even apply to them. I also have the dreaded Covid and watched the St Mirren game on Sunday on St Mirren TV for free as part of my ST, and that was live on Sky.

Sky are usually pretty aggressive in protecting their product, so this red zone thing, doesn't really sound like some loophole they would stand for.

3 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Thanks for your efforts in this, much appreciated.

Not sure if the taste & smell thing is a bad thing. I've kept mine, but wish I hadn't the taste in my mouth has been horrendous! You had the racing resting heart rate? That was scary, thankfully last couple of hours everything seems to have calmed down other than shivers and headache.

That sounds horrendous T.

Hope you and the others on here with the dreaded lurgy feel better soon, and are back supporting their teams noisily.

I had Covid in August, causing me to miss the fucking Sevco game of all games. Avoided most of the main issues, just aches and pains and total fatigue for a few weeks. I also lost my sense of smell completely for about a week, and since it came back, I have had a constant smell of cigarette smoke in my nose which is a total pain in the arse, as I have never smoked in my life, and it doesn’t seem to be going away. 🤢

Hopefully the boys can smash a few past County tomorrow to make you all feel better.

Arabest

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

That sounds horrendous T.

Hope you and the others on here with the dreaded lurgy feel better soon, and are back supporting their teams noisily.

I had Covid in August, causing me to miss the fucking Sevco game of all games. Avoided most of the main issues, just aches and pains and total fatigue for a few weeks. I also lost my sense of smell completely for about a week, and since it came back, I have had a constant smell of cigarette smoke in my nose which is a total pain in the arse, as I have never smoked in my life, and it doesn’t seem to be going away. 🤢

Hopefully the boys can smash a few past County tomorrow to make you all feel better.

Arabest

I've had better weeks to be honest! Although to be perfectly honest there's a fair  few folk worse than me so should always thank my lucky stars for that.

Of all the smells to get stuck with that would drive me mad.

Fingers crossed for the win tomorrow and cheers for the best wishes.

6 hours ago, stumigoo said:

No worries. I’ve had little else to do, so a crusade against United has kept me busy!

Heart has been fine, my main issues have been constantly exhausted, shivers and dizziness. I do feel better today than I have done since Monday so fingers crossed.

Hands across the divide here @stumigoo @Tannadeechee.

I too have been suffering the effects from Covid this week. I have been having the exact same symptoms as yourselves. I am on my 7th day the sweats and breathing difficulties have gone and along with the strange loss of taste and smell, I now only have a cough, that leaves me exhausted after a coughing fit, and the exhaustion that also happens when I even just think of doing anything physical.

I wish you both a speedy recovery.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I too have been suffering the effects from Covid this week. I have been having the exact same symptoms as yourselves. I am on my 7th day the sweats and breathing difficulties have gone and along with the strange loss of taste and smell, I now only have a cough, that leaves me exhausted after a coughing fit, and the exhaustion that also happens when I even just think of doing anything physical.

Fucking Hell, I wasn’t aware you could catch Covid on P&B, but based on the last page or 2, looks like it could be the case……

Sorry to hear you have been hit by it too, and great that you are you are on the mend Johnny. Hope your recovery continues apace, and you are back at Dens moaning at your team as soon as possible.

Also hope you and the fermers play out an incredibly boring no score draw tomorrow.😝

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

And to you to @johnnydun 👍. Fingers crossed that exhaustion eases off over next few days and doesn't hang around for a while.

Its like P&B Dundee football COVID support group. Mair sympathy here than you get at home!! 😁

Neilson with a moonboot on? Didn't realise he was injured. 

He has been wearing it for quite a while now. Spotted him at McDiarmid with it on (so about six weeks). Nothing from the club about what it might be or how long he is out.

Just now, stumigoo said:

Displayed by Tam at the end today…

IMG_9750.jpg

I'm surprised it didn't read;

Display a placard of red to prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

18 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I'm surprised it didn't read;

Display a placard of red to prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

Never mind our manager, how’s yours doing?