The Dundee United Thread 22/23

25 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Cheers, I feel a bit better today so I’m hoping I’m over the worst. Stuck in the house until next Thursday though.

I can get the £12.50 domestic PPV which is what they still offer (I do also still have a VPN). It’s the principle of paying and that, based on my Twitter messages to the club, I’m not entirely sure United are being truthful about the whole “It’s Sky, not us” thing, given I’ve seen other clubs offer it as little as a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah I’ve looked at this.  The fact that the PPV payment is to ‘Fat Tony’s Rainy Day Fund’ certainly looks a bit off.

ETA I think that once clubs were letting in full crowds again then the season ticket/live stream was off the table.

Edited by Granny Danger

49 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Yeah but my issue is United saying one thing (blaming Sky) and then…

IMG_9740.thumb.jpg.dc8a408b66b24940b32f498577b7936f.jpg

IMG_9739.thumb.jpg.abb15fb4405598815318f0ea2119b70f.jpg

IMG_9732.thumb.jpg.ad7dac80d49fab3b82599f963854f2e4.jpg

IMG_9731.thumb.jpg.d9b7f361398d3c7b9703824b40ba5de1.jpg

IMG_9741.jpg

I watched the Dundee game against Rangers with my brothers season ticket log in last weekend. The club posted something before the match saying anyone outside of england could stream the game.

I watched the Dundee game against Rangers with my brothers season ticket log in last weekend. The club posted something before the match saying anyone outside of england could stream the game.

I’ve seen at least six clubs offer a service for Season Ticket holders (can’t see any info on - St.Johnstone, Livi, Ross County and Hibs). I think Rangers don’t and United obviously don’t.

13 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Cheers, I feel a bit better today so I’m hoping I’m over the worst. Stuck in the house until next Thursday though.

I can get the £12.50 domestic PPV which is what they still offer (I do also still have a VPN). It’s the principle of paying and that, based on my Twitter messages to the club, I’m not entirely sure United are being truthful about the whole “It’s Sky, not us” thing, given I’ve seen other clubs offer it as little as a couple of weeks ago.

Full support from me on this, I think United have made an arse of this. What's the difference to watching it while paying for it or watching free via VST to Sky? The games aren't live so Sky won't lose any viewers.

Sunday is supposed to be my last day, but may not be back at work Monday. Everytime I think its getting better  it has another wee turn!! All the best to yourself health-wise too.

14 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Let's be charitable and say they are misunderstanding the rules. This would only apply to games live on Sky.

5 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Yeah but my issue is United saying one thing (blaming Sky) and then…

IMG_9740.thumb.jpg.dc8a408b66b24940b32f498577b7936f.jpg

IMG_9739.thumb.jpg.abb15fb4405598815318f0ea2119b70f.jpg

IMG_9732.thumb.jpg.ad7dac80d49fab3b82599f963854f2e4.jpg

IMG_9731.thumb.jpg.d9b7f361398d3c7b9703824b40ba5de1.jpg

IMG_9741.thumb.jpg.d82d4c105a85e4ae496d6f29ba9dff49.jpg

IMG_9742.jpg

That looks pretty bad in that case.  If I were you I’d make a complaint to the club; maybe informally initially as you know at least one of the directors.

IA might have a point re interpretation.

Let's be charitable and say they are misunderstanding the rules. This would only apply to games live on Sky.

It might be that. I’ve since sent them information that at least 9 out of 12 clubs offer a streaming service to ST holders. There is also a line in United’s own Season Ticket package that claims the club will continue to offer streams to fans unless there is a change to the broadcasting deal.

That looks pretty bad in that case.  If I were you I’d make a complaint to the club; maybe informally initially as you know at least one of the directors.
IA might have a point re interpretation.

I’ve tried to communicate with them, and I’ll see where it goes but it feels like a pointless crusade at present.

45 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Ross County have now replied to me. That makes 10 out of 12 still offering streams. Only United and Rangers do not.

@stumigoo, I've always found Moira Hughes (moira@dundeeunitedfc.co.uk) very helpful and prompt with any queries, but maybe you've tried that avenue already.

Hope health wise everything is clear for you and your family in the very near future.

The club actually phoned me. It seems clearer now (I think).

United do not have any ‘Red Zone’ within an area that would normally be used by Season Ticket holders, other clubs have been able to claim that red zones have technically impacted on season tickets and have circumnavigated their way around it using that.

In other news, the Covid isn’t going away and now I have reached the dreaded no taste and smell stage. Which is shite.

26 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

United do not have any ‘Red Zone’ within an area that would normally be used by Season Ticket holders, other clubs have been able to claim that red zones have technically impacted on season tickets and have circumnavigated their way around it using that.

In other news, the Covid isn’t going away and now I have reached the dreaded no taste and smell stage. Which is shite.

Thanks for your efforts in this, much appreciated.

Not sure if the taste & smell thing is a bad thing. I've kept mine, but wish I hadn't the taste in my mouth has been horrendous! You had the racing resting heart rate? That was scary, thankfully last couple of hours everything seems to have calmed down other than shivers and headache.

Thanks for your efforts in this, much appreciated.
Not sure if the taste & smell thing is a bad thing. I've kept mine, but wish I hadn't the taste in my mouth has been horrendous! You had the racing resting heart rate? That was scary, thankfully last couple of hours everything seems to have calmed down other than shivers and headache.

No worries. I’ve had little else to do, so a crusade against United has kept me busy!

Heart has been fine, my main issues have been constantly exhausted, shivers and dizziness. I do feel better today than I have done since Monday so fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Ross County have now replied to me. That makes 10 out of 12 still offering streams. Only United and Rangers do not.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

I’m finding it hard to believe that us and Sevco are the only clubs without said ‘Red Zone’.

I’m finding it hard to believe that us and Sevco are the only clubs without said ‘Red Zone’.

No I think the idea is that we do have a Red Zone but that it doesn’t actually impact (or theoretically impact) season ticket holders. United asked about this and were told that clubs have claimed that due to season ticket holder relocation, or prevention from selling season tickets, that they have the streams as a compensatory thing. From what I was told on the phone we are the only club where season ticket seats have either been prevented from being sold or relocated to elsewhere and as such, other teams have used this as a way of still providing streams.

Rangers just don’t, for whatever reason, which leaves us as being (according to the club) the only team unable to offer season ticket streams this season.

I’ve already had people tell me that this is all nonsense and that United are still not being entirely transparent, but I’ve lost the energy to keep going back to the club and arguing the point.

I was also told that the day red zones disappear, is the day that PPV in general just disappears (because at present clubs cannot sell to capacity).