The Dundee United Thread 22/23

10 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

But they have Griffiths (who has barely played in a year), McMullan (who has been good for a whole 2 games), and Adam (who wasn’t playing)?

Plus we have 2 good keepers, a problem McPake said he was glad not to have to worry about. 

You might think he would want 1 though. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

I have been one of Pawletts biggest critics but he has been excellent so far this season.

Still think Harkes is shite but he has bought a fortnight before I boo him.

No problem with McNulty but the way we play makes it hard for him.

Is Mulgrew the best player in the league? I say yes 

On reflection, got to say I think Dundee deserved a point out of that. But ultimately goals win games, and we scored one more than them.

First half was horrible, not helped by Beaton who must have blew his whistle about every 30 seconds.

We're clearly lacking up front and our goals tally is testament to that.

We're clearly good at defending and our goals lost tally is testament to that.

If we can keep Edwards and Mulgrew fit I can't see us having too many days where we concede too many goals (Parkhead and Ibrox aside), and if we can keep sneaking the odd one-nil victory as we're doing at present, we should be ok come the end of the season.

Think Arsenal fans famously sang "One Nil to the Arsenal....." Ultimately one-nils win matches and if you don't lose goals you'll give yourself a good chance of winning matches.

Bit of a rambling post this....

I thought Harkes and Kerr Smith done really well today. Certainly getting the goal helped but there's been an improvement in Harkes play last few weeks he's definitely stepped it up a level. 

Pawlett too and I was fucking raging he got a new deal. Credit where its due though he's certainly been in form. 

16 year old playing RB in a derby was a brave choice from the manager and I thought the young lad handled it brilliantluly for his age. Reminded me a lot of how Watson used to play for us there. 

I thought Kerr Smith did fine, was maybe a bit reluctant to go forward but understandable for a 16 year old centre back making his derby debut at right back. Defensively he was fine.

Thought Freeman did well when he came on and was a bit more attacking and would start him on Thursday and maybe use Smith at RB again versus Celtic next weekend.

Notice no Sporle on the bench, not aware of any injury?

https://dundeeunitedfc.crowdcam.co.uk/dundee-united-fc-vs-dundee-fc-september-2021/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=Dundee United Football Club

May have been mentioned. If it has then so f**k but think this is pretty good. Can also flag up anyone who has misbehaved in any sort of way which moving forward can only be a great thing.

Downside being its good for snitching on people who have pulled a sickie at work for games 

9 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

https://dundeeunitedfc.crowdcam.co.uk/dundee-united-fc-vs-dundee-fc-september-2021/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=Dundee United Football Club

May have been mentioned. If it has then so f**k but think this is pretty good. Can also flag up anyone who has misbehaved in any sort of way which moving forward can only be a great thing.

Downside being its good for snitching on people who have pulled a sickie at work for games 

Not a selfie. 

59 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Ive definitely got a future in modelling

Thought Kerr Smith had a decent game, as has been said, a bit hesitant about going forward but to be expected from a 16 year old in his first derby.

I thought Pawlett and McNulty were good first half, McNulty was working hard for everything but the problem we have with him dropping deep and wide is that nobody is left in the box.

Second half I thought was atrocious in terms of going forward for the 20 minutes before we scored.  Levitt looks like a footballer but I dont really get playing him that deep where he isnt going to create anything.

Fuchs worked his socks off as usual and was the best midfielder on the part.  Edwards and Mulgrew are about the most solid defensive pairing we have had in 10 years.  McMann also looks strong in defence even though he possesses the worst step over in world football.