The Dundee United Thread 22/23

17 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Didn't know that. Still though the important thing is he's at a decent club and will hopefully perform well for the national team. 

Aye. Either way we clearly didn't do much to try and keep him.

Absolute stick on choice for Scotland now.

Edited by ArabFC

The derby game is going to play a big part in the fans’ reaction to Courts.

One thing managers are guilty of is taking too long to make changes (personnel/formation/tactical) if things aren’t working.  I hope that’s not a criticism that we will be levelling at Thomas Tam after Sunday’s game.

A bit off topic, but anyway....

With United's game not until Sunday, thinking of taking in a game on Saturday. (New) Clydebank's first game in the Scottish Cup appeals which had me thinking back to previous meetings v United. I seem to recall playing them (old Clydebank) in a Scottish Cup match that was moved (after a postponement or two)  to Forthbank, Stirling but not sure if I've got that right? Am I imagining that match??

Edited by Steven W

8 minutes ago, Steven W said:

A bit off topic, but anyway....

With United's game not until Sunday, thinking of taking in a game on Saturday. (New) Clydebank's first game in the Scottish Cup appeals which had me thinking back to previous meetings v United. I seem to recall playing them (old Clydebank) in a Scottish Cup match that was moved (after a postponement or two)  to Forthbank, Stirling but not sure if I've got that right? Am I imagining that match??

You are not imagining that match :)

https://www.arabarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=846

17 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Weirdly we (Dundee) played old Clydebank at Forthbank in a cup replay after a few Dees invaded the pitch at Kilbowie after our late equaliser. Probably about ‘96 or so.

Think that Dundee game was a bit earlier, maybe 93/94? I remember hearing about it from my Dundee supporting mates at Dundee West Boys Club. By ‘96 I had long since punted Sunday league football for White Lightning. 

8 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Think that Dundee game was a bit earlier, maybe 93/94? I remember hearing about it from my Dundee supporting mates at Dundee West Boys Club. By ‘96 I had long since punted Sunday league football for White Lightning. 

Kilbowie was a mad ground. A big office-like block behind one of the goals full of windows that were presumably plastic or reinforced glass. 

Edit: Here's a picture here. I miss old stadiums like that and Brockville. Dunno why the f**k I'm on here reminiscing, but here we are. 

15395212633_ee90c560eb_b.jpg

Edited by Dee Man

Not sure if it’s Courts’ tactics or a lack of injuries/increase in fitness but Pawlett is looking a real player for us.  I’ve been one of his harshest critics but credit where credit is due.

McMann has settled well into the team and put in a solid performance yet again.

Edwards is a colossus and is the most consistent central defender we have had in ages; absolutely love this guy.  I was very sceptical about Mulgrew’s signing but his experience shines through game after game.

I was surprised Benji got the call up today but he showed his class yet again.

I thought Fuchs was not his usual influence in the first half but he was dominant in the second.  That diving header was either reckless or incredibly brave and was a thing of absolute beauty.

I still feel the squad is lacking and comparing the options to what Dundee had today I was concerned, but there is a quality and determination in the squad that has shown through other than in the first league game.  Maybe the Tam Courts experiment will work.

40 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure if it’s Courts’ tactics or a lack of injuries/increase in fitness but Pawlett is looking a real player for us.  I’ve been one of his harshest critics but credit where credit is due.

MoM 

I think it’s fair to say I was in a tiny majority in welcoming a new deal for Pawlett. He won’t play like this every week but he gives us something nobody else does.

I was quite impressed by McMann - looks to enjoy a challenge and did well throughout.

Levitt was fantastic. Should be starting every week - oh the joy of having a midfielder who wants the ball and can play a pass.

I was gonna slag off Harkes, but then he scored the winner, so he can have my babies!

Kerr Smith wasn’t ready for that today. I’m sure he’ll go on to do well, but Freeman should’ve started.

Folk doubted the Mulgrew signing. Leaps and bounds better than Reynolds.

56 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

McMann has settled well into the team and put in a solid performance yet again.

Edwards is a colossus and is the most consistent central defender we have had in ages; absolutely love this guy.  I was very sceptical about Mulgrew’s signing but his experience shines through game after game.

I was surprised Benji got the call up today but he showed his class yet again.

I thought Fuchs was not his usual influence in the first half but he was dominant in the second.  That diving header was either reckless or incredibly brave and was a thing of absolute beauty.

I still feel the squad is lacking and comparing the options to what Dundee had today I was concerned, but there is a quality and determination in the squad that has shown through other than in the first league game.  Maybe the Tam Courts experiment will work.

Dundee are shite mate. Cant understand why anyone had any doubts about today