The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

When was the last time Dundee won at tannadice?

I can't remember the exact date but there have been 4 different US presidents and 5 different UK Prime Ministers since Dundee last won at Tannadice.

Kerr Smith had not yet been born.

There were some aspects of today’s game that were encouraging but we really need a goal scorer.  I like Nicky Clark and think he’s had a bit of a raw time at United, however if he had been playing instead of McNulty today I’m not sure we would have been able to hold up the ball as much and play so much of the game in the opponents half.  That said he probably would have buried the shot that McNulty missed.

Without another striker I think we could struggle this season.

Performance was fairly good at Paisley, there wasn't really a player who I thought played poorly, but when St Mirren altered their midfield they improved and caused some problems. As far as McNulty's miss is concerned, he made it totally himself using his guile, speed and strength, and I'm not going to be too critical of him grazing the post. I doubt any other of our players would have got into that position.

2 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Performance was fairly good at Paisley, there wasn't really a player who I thought played poorly, but when St Mirren altered their midfield they improved and caused some problems. As far as McNulty's miss is concerned, he made it totally himself using his guile, speed and strength, and I'm not going to be too critical of him grazing the post. I doubt any other of our players would have got into that position.

Yeah, there wasn’t a poor United player on the park.

On 04/09/2021 at 10:36, ArabFC said:

As much as I don't like the prices, this notion which is continually trotted out is somewhat disproved by football prices rocketing year after year and the fans remaining to stump up the money.

Football fans are suckers and while United might take a slight hit from getting some fans choosing not to go this time, they've set the precedent now and that price isn't coming down in the future and fans soon get over their hump.

With less than 100 tickets left in the home end, I think my point is made.

Looking around the various boards, with Jamie Robson gone it appears we have a new target for the boo boys in Mark McNulty.
Aye, indeed. "Nicky Clark would have scored that". Maybe, but Nicky Clark would never have had the pace to get into that position in the first place.

2 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:
Looking around the various boards, with Jamie Robson gone it appears we have a new target for the boo boys in Mark McNulty.

Aye, indeed. "Nicky Clark would have scored that". Maybe, but Nicky Clark would never have had the pace to get into that position in the first place.

I think that’s pretty true and important.  McNulty done well against St Mirren other than missing when he should have scored.

I said earlier that I think we are still a striker short but if Courts keeps playing McNulty and he doesn’t start scoring he will come under pressure as would any striker.

On 04/09/2021 at 08:16, Granny Danger said:

Your figures don’t take account of season ticket holders and even at £26 I don’t think we would get 14,000 total fans.  Plus not all PATG fans will be adults.

That said your point still stands that we might get more revenue from lower prices.

They making it 18 for Hibs game, but only opening the lower stands.