The Dundee United Thread 22/23

On 01/09/2021 at 19:00, RandomGuy. said:

There's no chance we made a bid for Kerr. Fucking hell.

Pretty common knowledge that you did.

There was rumours that you tried to get him last season as well before he signed on again with us. Davidson is a big fan of him apparently.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Pretty common knowledge that you did.

There was rumours that you tried to get him last season as well before he signed on again with us. Davidson is a big fan of him apparently.

I know we've had an interest before, and it doesn't surprise me Davidson likes him, but I struggle to believe we would've paid a fee for him when he's neither suited to a wing back role nor better than the options we have there.

Happy to admit I'm not ITK at all but it makes no sense to me for it to happen on deadline day, at the start of the window maybe.

United have priced their home matches at three levels, I think the cheapest is £26 for clubs who would be envisaged to bring smaller supports. Charging £26/£28/£30 for games at Tannadice indicates a lack of awareness and understanding of the general disruption that's hit many supporters' finances, as well as ignoring those fans who are long term broke.

Over and above this, a kick off on Sunday at noon, with the match broadcast live, makes it far less likely that the fixture appeals to those who were swithering to attend. 

I can understand anyone giving this fixture the body-swerve, what I can't get my head round is why United thought charging these prices would be viable to all parties, including the club itself.

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

The joy of being a life-long student: £16 😁

Struggle to see the matches selling out at these prices though which will be a shame.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I can understand anyone giving this fixture the body-swerve, what I can't get my head round is why United thought charging these prices would be viable to all parties, including the club itself.

I think this would be one of the very rare occasions in Scottish football where the club would actually end up making more money by having the ticket prices at say £24 than at the £30 they have gone for.

Foolish by United. Get the stadium filled up for a Derby FFS! It should be a spectacle.

Purely greed to ask folk for £30. 
The fixture basically replaces a Killie or Hamilton game so would make more revenue than that, without large increase in price. 

Shite pricing goes beyond city rivalries and deserves to be called out. Clubs need to give themselves a fucking shake at times.

30 quid :lol:

Ashgar doesn't even attempt to hide his contempt for fans and almost certainly views them as customers as opposed to supporters. As much as I'd like to see our end full to support the team, a message needs to be sent that these prices are unacceptable. 

#boycottthebrick

#snubthestickle

5 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

To be fair theres a big backlash to this from United fans on social media. That said, i doubt it will make a blind bit of difference

It will be interesting to see if the verbal opposition translates into a home fan ‘boycott’.

3 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

What does a full price season ticket work out at per game at Tannadice?

£15.50 for full priced bought at optimum point, £9.20 senior citizen, under 18 and student, £7.90, under 16s £3.70.

These prices would vary depending on fans taking discounts due to no access in 20-21 season, and time of purchase.

Feel free to correct this.

34 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

£15.50 for full priced bought at optimum point, £9.20 senior citizen, under 18 and student, £7.90, under 16s £3.70.

These prices would vary depending on fans taking discounts due to no access in 20-21 season, and time of purchase.

Feel free to correct this.

I was aiming at the full price, no early bird concession numbers.  That might put the £30 into perspective. 

A quick look at a new season ticket at £489 for lower ET.  19 games or do you get any cups too?  If not, that's £25.74 a game, £30 looks about right going on that.

That said, no way would I pay that to see any football team.

ETA, no cup games, so £25,74 a game (providing you get a favourable draw after the split).  As above, £30 looks about right for non season ticket holders.  Glad I support a diddy team tbqh.

Edited by Loonytoons

7 hours ago, Twinkle said:

To be fair theres a big backlash to this from United fans on social media. That said, i doubt it will make a blind bit of difference

Yeah there’s no doubting the pricing is ridiculous but I’ll be honest I think my club will probably price it the same. 

I’m as much pissed off with the Sunday lunchtime kick off tbh as the pricing. I really can’t be arsed with football at that time on a Sunday, derby or not. 

£30 quid is pretty fucking steep tbf, although perhaps it is a slightly misguided attempt to try to help the club’s finances recover from the impact of Covid from last year, whilst completely ignoring the impact that it might have had on the finances of much of the fan base.

I reckon that the club are just assuming that this will be a sellout thus just trying to maximise revenue,  whilst in reality, I agree that we are unlikely to fill Tannadice with prices like that, Derby or no, with it being on the telly, and certainly an element of protest from supporters of both sides.

12000 x £30 = £360000

14,000 x £26 = £36400O

Obviously neither calculation takes concessions into account, but I reckon nobody would bat an eyelid At £26 and we would sell out the place which is what we all want.

8 minutes ago, MacArab said:

£30 quid is pretty fucking steep tbf, although perhaps it is a slightly misguided attempt to try to help the club’s finances recover from the impact of Covid from last year, whilst completely ignoring the impact that it might have had on the finances of much of the fan base.

I reckon that the club are just assuming that this will be a sellout thus just trying to maximise revenue,  whilst in reality, I agree that we are unlikely to fill Tannadice with prices like that, Derby or no, with it being on the telly, and certainly an element of protest from supporters of both sides.

12000 x £30 = £360000

14,000 x £26 = £36400O

Obviously neither calculation takes concessions into account, but I reckon nobody would bat an eyelid At £26 and we would sell out the place which is what we all want.

The extra £4 is being pocketed by Tony clearly.

Skimming the tills again.