The Dundee United Thread 22/23

4 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

The Derry finance expert showing a real grasp of how percentages work here 👆

😂😂😂 I meant to put 1%, then again I’m sure you’ll know that. 

I do understand that big Tony’s on 50% of any transfers sales of players signed while he’s been at your club though 👍😂

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Szamo’s_ammo, what a p***k of a human being you are. Red dotting (I think that’s the term) a post about someone’s struggling with abuse, the death of both parents and perhaps mental health issues. You’re an arsehole. 

Us lot from Dundee and Angus, both sides of the divide by the way, are better than that. Unfortunately you buck the tread. 

The rivalry between both clubs is great. Both ripping the piss out of one another’s clubs with no malice. 

Totally agree, though your club is the easier target tbf.

Some rather outlandish articles relating to Kerr Smith.

"A couple of seasons at Celtic before heading to the Premier League could be a great move"

"Southampton handed Tino Livramento a debut at the weekend showing they're willing to give Teenagers game time, which could help them pip Leeds"

He's 16 for f**k sake. He isn't playing for Celtic or Leeds any time soon. Not questioning why he'd move to either of them, but journalists are fucking ridiculous with their commentary.

44 minutes ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

He's 16 for f**k sake. He isn't playing for Celtic or Leeds any time soon. Not questioning why he'd move to either of them, but journalists are fucking ridiculous with their commentary.

He chose to stay at United just a couple of months ago as it'd be the best place to get game time and develop.

Maybe the kid will turn out to be the next Beckenbauer over the coming years, but he's not getting a game for us yet, so...

The fact that we have thankfully ditched the back 3/5 may hinder the amount of game time Kerr Smith will now get. He is the one young player coming through looks to have the potential to play at a higher level and it would be nice to see him rack up 100 appearances in a Utd strip but if his game time is going to be limited with the change in formation i wonder if he would now be more open to a move away.

4 hours ago, skinny arab said:

The fact that we have thankfully ditched the back 3/5 may hinder the amount of game time Kerr Smith will now get. He is the one young player coming through looks to have the potential to play at a higher level and it would be nice to see him rack up 100 appearances in a Utd strip but if his game time is going to be limited with the change in formation i wonder if he would now be more open to a move away.

Disagree with that, both Neilson and Mochrie only turned 18 this year and both have great potential IMO.  We only started to what Armstrong and Russell could do when they were around 20/21 so wouldnt be writing either off yet.

17 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Disagree with that, both Neilson and Mochrie only turned 18 this year and both have great potential IMO.  We only started to what Armstrong and Russell could do when they were around 20/21 so wouldnt be writing either off yet.

Kerr Smith is a level above Neilson - that's clear to see already.

Mochrie, I've seen nothing in yet to make me think he's got a career beyond the SPFL in him.

And Armstrong was showing his talents as soon as he broke through around 18/19. Russell's talent was fairly obvious early on from memory too, albeit he spent a year at Raith.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Notice Mr Courts is starting to tone down the management speak a bit in recent interviews. 

He's had the 'Tam Courts Talking Shite' thread brought to his attention IMO. 

Unless we strengthen the squad or stay totally injury free once players like Appere and Chalmers are back then it will be a tough season.  We desperately need a target man, more so if the style of today’s play is an indication of our tactics.