The Dundee United Thread 22/23

22 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Fuchs is out of contract next summer, and I honestly can't really see him wanting a new deal. Let's just enjoy him while he's here.

Agreed, but let’s hope a replacement for him is being targeted now.

All about opinions, but Scott Fraser would be an asset to the present side. He's just one among several players targeted by supporters as having either no ability and/or bottle over recent years, along with perhaps Blair Spittal or Barry Douglas, or others such as Craig Conway or Gary Mackay-Steven early in their Tannadice careers who needed to 'bulk themselves up' according to supporters who must have been fantastic players, or at least fitness coaches, themselves.

If anyone thinks im gonna be childish enough to start up that 'Charlie Adams sisters pants' song at the Derby just because i know it really gets to him, you would be fuckin spot on 😂

10 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
15 minutes ago, Twinkle said:
If anyone thinks im gonna be childish enough to start up that 'Charlie Adams sisters pants' song at the Derby just because i know it really gets to him, you would be fuckin spot on emoji23.png

Not for me. Families are off limits.

They are spoken about in glowing terms

43 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

If anyone thinks im gonna be childish enough to start up that 'Charlie Adams sisters pants' song at the Derby just because i know it really gets to him, you would be fuckin spot on 😂

Show a bit of class FFS.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Show a bit of class FFS.

😂 Will do mate. If it was a nasty or vindictive song then i wouldnt get involved. The fact is its almost a playground song. Keep the Helen Lovejoy stuff for your own thread eh

3 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

😂 Will do mate. If it was a nasty or vindictive song then i wouldnt get involved. The fact is its almost a playground song. Keep the Helen Lovejoy stuff for your own thread eh

Aye, singing about people's families is the way to go right enough.

30 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

I cant agree with that. He clearly takes it pretty hard as he has mentioned this a fair few times about this song/chant. He certainly has had his struggles with his family over the years it seems. ( social media just need to see from that side of it ).

But if you get a kick out of it then fire on. 

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

All about opinions, but Scott Fraser would be an asset to the present side. He's just one among several players targeted by supporters as having either no ability and/or bottle over recent years, along with perhaps Blair Spittal or Barry Douglas, or others such as Craig Conway or Gary Mackay-Steven early in their Tannadice careers who needed to 'bulk themselves up' according to supporters who must have been fantastic players, or at least fitness coaches, themselves.

I never had a problem with Fraser’s fitness or his “bottle”, or indeed his actual ability, even if I still think he wasn’t as good as others think.

His work rate in games was nowhere near the level required, and at the time he was in the team, a “luxury player” was something we simply couldn’t afford, and his output when he could be arsed wasn’t good enough to be classed that way anyway.

Im happy to accept that this wasn’t all down to the player, coaches should have been getting hold of him and telling him it needed to improve, and everyone knows the quality of coaching wasn’t there at the time. 

His United career seems to have improved simply as a result of some of the utter dreck that has followed him into the team.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Show a bit of class FFS.

What do you expect? There's no class from these people, from the racist abuse hurled at Kane Hemmings, to the having a little sing song about Goodwillie the beast. 

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

You were on our thread crying last last week because @Day of the Lords made a jokey comment saying 'We're not Dundee Utd' when yon sex offender was on trial, but now abusing an individual's family is fair game. 

Your true colours and rank hypocrisy are shining through here. 

Just now, Dee Man said:

You were on our thread crying last last week because @Day of the Lords made a jokey comment saying 'We're not Dundee Utd' when yon sex offender was on trial, but now abusing an individual's family is fair game. 

Your true colours and rank hypocrisy are shining through here. 

So you are saying that a silly song about a players sisters pants is similar to someone committing sex crimes? Fuckin hell

10 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What do you expect? There's no class from these people, from the racist abuse hurled at Kane Hemmings, to the having a little sing song about Goodwillie the beast. 

Racist abuse is abhorrent. The clowns who sung the Goodie song were bang out of order and i certainly wouldnt be anywhere near that nonsense