The Dundee United Thread 22/23

21 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Looked  comfortable the whole game and signs we can get some creativity happening going forward.

Still feel we are short of a presence up front. Clark a good footballer and finisher but I'd like a big body in there. 

I’d prefer another wide option before another forward.

Appere is a big lad - hopefully he can develop into a proper centre forward.

25 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Still feel we are short of a presence up front. Clark a good footballer and finisher but I'd like a big body in there. 

Clark is a nothing player. Im not saying hes shite or hes great, he just floats about not really contributing much. Maybe im being harsh 🤷🏻‍♂️

17 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I’d prefer another wide option before another forward.

Appere is a big lad - hopefully he can develop into a proper centre forward.

I said this on Twitter. Appere has always looked like a "forward" rather than a winger or striker. He could focus his development on being a mobile and decently technical target man type of striker and progress into the player I hope he becomes. 

13 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Clark is a nothing player. Im not saying hes shite or hes great, he just floats about not really contributing much. Maybe im being harsh 🤷🏻‍♂️

Clark is a generally neat and tidy striker who can play deeper. Always thought he was a player who contributed a lot without doing much that stands out. Great squad player at this level and a solid but unspectacular choice. 

Right gonna come out and say it. Courts appointment not looking as bad as many first feared. 

Definitely getting the benefit of the doubt from me. 

Always time for it to go horribly wrong but at least it's not murderball and there's some attacking and forward play going on. 

Right gonna come out and say it. Courts appointment not looking as bad as many first feared. 
Always time for it to go horribly wrong but at least it's not murderball and there's some attacking and forward play going on. 
It's still early, but realistically none of us could have asked for a better start. Having two wins this early certainly takes a lot of the pressure off. I think a lot of United fans assumed we would be on zero points at this stage.

37 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

He’s fucking useless.

Spoiler

It’s worked up to now.

So how bad is benji's injury? Happy enough with Carson between the sticks. If benji is going to be missing for a while it could make sense for the club to offer him a new deal and for him to accept.

Leaving aside the league Cup group, two good performances and two shite performances so far but its got us 6 points and a winnable QF to look forward to.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Two wins from the first three games is beyond what any of us imagined, I would guess. Not bad, really

When I saw the first 4 games we had I was thinking that there was a fair chance we could have 0 points after 4 games,

To be on 6 after 3, is fucking fabulous, and we should have no fear going up against Hertz at  a busy Tannadice next week.

Well done Tam and the boys!!!!

Fuchs outstanding again. We’ll be lucky to keep a hold of him beyond the window at this rate. Thought Levitt grew into the game too after it looked like he was taken aback by the pace of the game initially. Welcome to Scottish football. 

Were Butcher and Harkes injured today?

I think we are sitting on passmarks for 3/8 games albeit 2 were more important than the others - Rangers, St Johnstone and Elgin.

I'm willing to write off the LC group games as lots of young lads playing so 2/4. One of the 4 im not giving passmarks in saw us progress in a cup so maybe very harsh.

All in all still in the cup and 6 out of 9 is beyond my wildest so pass marks so far but I'm a bit short of being optimistic yet.

I thought Levitt was very steady today. Nothing ostentatious or eye catching just made himself available and played the simple ball well with as few touches as possible. Nice balance about the team all over today, I thought. Tidy and organised. What a difference from last season.

Another terrific win. Battled really hard to get the three. Had plenty of decent chances to score more, especially in the opening 15 minutes.

Fuchs was tremendous - An offer before the end of the window must be a realistic possibility.

Levitt took a while to get going (think it was the ninth minute before he got a touch of the ball) but started to find some big passes later in the half.

We bizarrely seemed to struggle with throw ins all afternoon. Winning a throw in became a hindrance to be honest.

I've made the point before, but it's becoming very evident. With fans there we are a different team all together.