The Dundee United Thread 22/23

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s worse.  The last couple of seasons we’ve had guys sitting behind us in the upper Eddie Thompson who seem disinterested in the football and spend extended periods talking about holidays, mortgages and lots of other non-football related stuff.

They also seem to know nothing about the game or who the players are.  They’d be better meeting up in the pub.

I recall from a few years ago an older guy the row infront of me was giving absolute dogs abuse to GMS.

However, to this old boy, it wasn't GMS but Luggy.

He also referred to Stuart Armstrong as Stuart Duff. 

31 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I recall from a few years ago an older guy the row infront of me was giving absolute dogs abuse to GMS.

I reckon Armstrong’s lawyers would be interested in that.

Granny D will be having a bit of a minter right now.

6 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Caig taking on the task of advisor is such a situation doesn't seem too revolutionary, he will probably be the coach with most experience of taking part in penalty shoot outs. And surprisingly, for his part, Seigrist did well.

If 'Mellon got sacked' gets repeated often enough, the majority will believe that to be the case. He didn't.

Stephen Frail said on Radio Scotland with Tam Cowans etc that Mellon was sacked. Strange the assistant manager saying that if it wasn’t the case. 

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Granny D will be having a bit of a minter right now.

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Seems his dementia has well and truly kicked in.

Whereas using someone’s age as punchline isn’t embarrassing at all.

1 hour ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Micky Mellon was definitely sacked. Like we can argue whether it was right or wrong to do so (it was 100% right), but let's not act like he wasn't. 

Not a chance. He took his chance at his old job and asked for his release. Let's not forget the rumours were there weeks before the act. 

There’s worse.  The last couple of seasons we’ve had guys sitting behind us in the upper Eddie Thompson who seem disinterested in the football and spend extended periods talking about holidays, mortgages and lots of other non-football related stuff.
They also seem to know nothing about the game or who the players are.  They’d be better meeting up in the pub.
Sounds like St Johnstone European games

On 15/08/2021 at 10:57, Granny Danger said:

Sounds like a typical United supporter to me.  Knows nothing about the game.  Only kidding lol

On 15/08/2021 at 10:57, Granny Danger said:

I feel extremely seen 

7 minutes ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

Mathew Cudjoe linked. Looks like a prospect. Sadly he's in Africa, so if Niskanen has been held up for a few weeks, he'll definitely be held up for a few months.

He's not in Africa atm. He's present at the club for a trial according to Twitter.