The Dundee United Thread 22/23

22 minutes ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

That's not a bad pub quiz question to be fair.

Dundee have sold 2 players for over a million. Jack Hendry and Rab Douglas.

Just the 9 players for United.

11 I thought:

Ferguson, Petric, McKinlay, Dodds, Robson, Goodwillie, Robertson, Gauld, Ciftci, Armstrong, Shankland?

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Strictly speaking it wasn't £1m we got for Jack Hendry as it was actually £1.6m at the time, not to mention we've just received another 6 figure sum after Celtic sold him. 

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/dundee-net-cash-windfall-from-jack-hendrys-celtic-exit/amp/

Was there a reason for your question Granny?

If we have to start providing reasons behind our questions I’d just give up posting.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) that is not a requirement.

53 minutes ago, Wieghortsnut said:

How can selling players for £1m or more be a reason to be smug? Asking for a friend

It's a United fans thing.. The minute they sign someone half decent they start going on about selling him for xxxx amount of pounds

1 hour ago, Wieghortsnut said:

How can selling players for £1m or more be a reason to be smug? Asking for a friend

It’s a choice between than and administration on Friday.  At least this sale will keep us going to at least the following Friday.

Smug as f**k.

18 minutes ago, Charliedee said:

It's a United fans thing.. The minute they sign someone half decent they start going on about selling him for xxxx amount of pounds

£450k is pretty shite all things considered.

Love how all the Dees are taken the BBCs £450k figure as gospel.

Dont think any arab really expects £1m up front but I hope that some of the clauses are achievable ones. £100k for 1st appearance, £50k for first time he wins a throw in, £10k every time the Belgium press mention the size of his forehead, etc

39 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Love how all the Dees are taken the BBCs £450k figure as gospel.

Dont think any arab really expects £1m up front but I hope that some of the clauses are achievable ones. £100k for 1st appearance, £50k for first time he wins a throw in, £10k every time the Belgium press mention the size of his forehead, etc

Steady on, the eventual final figure is only reported to be £1.1m.

Any serious Arab would not have expected any more than about £500k. The £1m figure touted really did surprise me but makes sense that it's after add ons etc.

Like I said before, we got £750k for Russel who is an all round better player under similar circumstances. £450k is probably about right because last season he was pretty poor (for a myriad of reasons) and if we get the add ons (id imagine a big chunk is a % sell on fee up to a specified amount which we probably will never see, like alot of add ons) then all the better.

Guest Wieghortsnut
2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s a choice between than and administration on Friday.  At least this sale will keep us going to at least the following Friday.

Smug as f**k.

Tbh I was half being serious but I'm still no closer to an answer