The Dundee United Thread 22/23

See we are charging non season ticket holders £30 for the privilege of watching us getting pumped off the rangers.

One part of me thinks that's a bargain to see the next step in the evolution of Peter Pawlett as Scotland's most dangerous no.9. 

Edited by Aladdin

See we are charging non season ticket holders £30 for the privilege of watching us getting pumped off the rangers.
One part of me thinks that's a bargain to see the next step in the evolution of Peter Pawlett as Scotland's most dangerous no.9. 
That's £3 per goal. I consider that good value

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

That part's been hitting the sherry pretty early.

10 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
19 minutes ago, skinny arab said:
Why the f**k is our new centre half signing currently doing the live co-commentary on celtics European game

He's allowed.

Whether he’s allowed or not is we have a massive game at Saturday lunchtime and is it too much to ask our players to concentrating on everything Utd related given the state of play at the moment. There wouldn’t be a shortage of Celtic related pundits out there for the bbc to choose from. 

Whether he’s allowed or not is we have a massive game at Saturday lunchtime and is it too much to ask our players to concentrating on everything Utd related given the state of play at the moment. There wouldn’t be a shortage of Celtic related pundits out there for the bbc to choose from. 
Come off it. He's watching a game in a studio and talking over it (a game which he would almost certainly be watching in the house otherwise), not climbing the bloody Matterhorn.

35 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Why the f**k is our new centre half signing currently doing the live co-commentary on celtics European game

There's plenty to be battering United for at the moment.

This shouldn't even be on the radar imo.

5 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Trying to think of another time when we wanted our best player to leave for his own sake.

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

Just shows how ridiculously bad the club has been run.

Best striker we've had in years gets no service for an entire season and the club dosent go hell for leather to fix it. Just blethering pish about youths and "imminent signings".

Fucking booooo

50 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Asghar and Ogren (along with Derek Bond) are out having a drink in the Ferry at the moment.

That Derek Bond touts himself as an accountant, yet he doesn't know what liquidation means and also thinks 1 equals 55.

Asghar really is in a very difficult position. The owner wants to make money, and Asghar is responsible on this side of the Atlantic for this strategy, while he's got to put a successful side on the park to achieve this aim, and to keep his reputation: contrary to what many supporters believe, he did have a reasonable standing in football circles as running one of the more caring football agencies.

The pressure is on him for the project to flourish, and he must be confident of a favourable outcome, especially with his son now sitting on the first team management bench, reportedly against his advice.

He's certainly got far more confidence in his approach to the club's structure than the vast majority of the support, but as the weeks pass I've got to say my optimism is waning.

I've no particular issue with Asghar as Sporting Director but there is an awful lack of experience in the upper management of the club. This time last year we had an experienced Chief Executive in post. He left and was apparently replaced by a three member Executive Board of David Dorward (former Council Chief Exec, I think) Asghar and Lauea McCallum (young lawyer). Now McCallum has gone.

Asghar could be great at his job (I offer no opinion either way, but let's say for the sake of argument) but is it really healthy for him to be effectively running the entire club on his own. Who are the marketing folk, media, catering, ground staff, finance, admin, reporting to? No wonder we aren't signing anyone.