The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Some cracking opinions on here.

Anybody with a modicum of creativity and delivery would improve this team ten fold by just being on the pitch. Greg Stewart would be a good signing for us.

Smith, rotten. Cant cross, can't stop a cross and when he does get forward he rarely actually passes forwards. That may well be because we get players forward at a speed that makes evolution look neck breaking, but even in the Championship he was bog standard average. Maybe in a 442 with a winger in front hes improve, but I can't see it being that much. And we don't play with wingers either.

We are lacking a focal player, a ball player, a creator to carry the ball and pick a pass to link midfield to the forwards. We have lacked that for years - longer than the entire time we've had a football agent running the show.

We also need pace out wide and up front, we are so fucking slow. We have no outball when under pressure and teams can press us without the worry of being caught on the break.

Either that or a 7 foot 6 eastern European brick shithouse who can hold the ball in while we get bodies forward. But thats not the modern, Thomas Courts style im guessing. 

And I want 3 at the back in the bin too. With this squad, anyway.

But other than that?

14 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Was Courts juts lying when he said we had 2 or 3 signings just about over the line after the Arbroath game?

He was making a predictive statement predicated on variable alignment subject to time constraints. I think.

I'm trying to get inside Tam Courts mind to understand where he is coming from. 

I think he is saying United need a more blue-sky approach to millennial logistics as your organisation believes in holistic organisational football concepts.  You therefore need a more contemporary reimagining of your logistical innovation to ensure you go forward with your plans to implement transitional mobility on the pitch. because it's time that you became uber-efficient with your remote organisational innovation.

At least, that's what I think he means?????? 

39 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

He was making a predictive statement predicated on variable alignment subject to time constraints. I think.

Spoken like someone who is fully onboard with Court's implementation of various forecast modelling techniques to prognosticate the diverse range of scenarios of human asset engagement available to us.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Was Courts juts lying when he said we had 2 or 3 signings just about over the line after the Arbroath game?

That begs the bigger question of credibility, not just of Courts but of everyone who speaks on behalf of the club.

I don’t know a single Arab who doesn’t have severe reservations about what is happening at the club.  The sort of nonsense spouted by Courts after the Aberdeen game allied with his style of presentation is quickly pissing folk off.  Through in apparent misleading statements about signings and fans will react.

I can see that manifesting itself vocally now that fans are getting back into games.  Hopefully not on Saturday as this was always going to be a tough fixture, but certainly beyond that if team selection, team performance and tactics are the same as at the Aberdeen game.

Hope you guys get a point against Rangers to allow Tam Courts to keep his job.  I don't think I've had so much entertainment from a football manager since Brian Clough.  At least he knew what he was talking about! 

1 hour ago, mev said:

Hope you guys get a point against Rangers to allow Tam Courts to keep his job.  I don't think I've had so much entertainment from a football manager since Brian Clough.  At least he knew what he was talking about! 

If we get a point against The Rangers I expect Courts will be carried down shoulder high to the City Square  by a crowd of cheering Arabs where they will demand he receives The Freedom Of The City.*

* Subject to social distancing guidelines.

30 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If we get a point against The Rangers I expect Courts will be carried down shoulder high to the City Square  by a crowd of cheering Arabs where they will demand he receives The Freedom Of The City.*

* Subject to social distancing guidelines.

I've told you a hundred billion times not to exaggerate!  lol

8 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Spoken like someone who is fully onboard with Court's implementation of various forecast modelling techniques to prognosticate the diverse range of scenarios of human asset engagement available to us.

You've a couple of decent reserve players, then?

You will need to stick with him, and give him a chance. I remember a time on here when 99% of us Dees wanted McPake out the door, fortunately this didn't happen and everything turned out wonderful in the end.

Thank you.

43 minutes ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

Is there a slight chance that anyone is over reacting to the TC situation? 

No.  Any Arab being sanguine at present must be on pretty heavy medication.

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

Is there a slight chance that anyone is over reacting to the TC situation? 

Yeah, of course. My main problem, aside from the complete lack of necessary experience,  is that he comes across as a bell-end.  Objectively, the early season results are fine. The performances haven't been great and the lack of recruitment is a concern, but the biggest concern for me is that I just don't think he's got anything about him to convince me that he could come good. He just seems like an overpromoted knob. 

If he spoke well and I thought he had a plan I'd be happy to give him a chance but it just seems so ... bleeeeeuuuurgh.  He's just vomiting up whatever random cliche pops into his head from moment to moment. 

I'd love to be wrong but I just can't see it.