The Dundee United Thread 22/23

These post match interviews from Courts - DUTV, BBC and Sky - are the scariest thing about the whole day.

He thinks there were lots of positives, we were the better team in the first half and had them ‘hemmed in’ for the last half hour!!!!

WTAF???

Dleuded or just lying through his teeth?

29 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Fuchs looks like the kind of player that takes a few games to get his sharpness back and Shankland is the same.  

You mean the same Shankland thats played in all 4 league cup games? Give it a fuckin rest eh🤣

4 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

These post match interviews from Courts - DUTV, BBC and Sky - are the scariest thing about the whole day.

He thinks there were lots of positives, we were the better team in the first half and had them ‘hemmed in’ for the last half hour!!!!

WTAF???

Both

1 minute ago, Loemba90 said:

WTAF???

He said in a q&a with the Fed politburo just last night that he didn't like slating the players or performances in public, but there is a difference between antagonising his playing staff and treating the support with contempt. 

Or maybe he is deluded, given the nonsense spouted about youth and then seeing today's team selection, which was always doomed to failure on the day. 

12 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Adam Barton could be the manager, bring back 53 year old Lance Key as our new number one, then make Christopher Rabitsch and Emil Lyng co-captains - I’d still be back at Tannadice in a heartbeat such has been the length of time not being able to watch us live.

^^^^ missing the first game at Tannadice.

How long before a ‘Tam Courts must go’ thread?

My the end of September we will have played seven league matches.  I think we might only have four points by then.  If we get beat by Dundee at Tannadice he will be under huge pressure.  If we get horsed by Dundee, which is a possibility, I think his position will be untenable.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

The Rangers are absolutely going to destroy that team. 

Like I've never feared a pumping from the old firm but I'm dreading what the score line is gonna be. 

This 3/5 at the back doesn't work with the players getting put on the pitch. 

If he's going to persist with it the back 3 needs to be one that doesn't contain Reynolds. 

If the middle 3 doesn't have 2 central midfielders plus a creative output it's pointless. 

If the wingbacks don't provide the width needed and no service gets to the strikers then it's completely without merit playing that system. 

Even going back to 4231 so there's 3 players behind Shanks to play balls from or drag others out of position so wider players can get in behind but we've no one with that kind of pace atm. 

Sevco could easily match the 8 they put past Accies last season next weekend on today's viewing.

It wouldn't be perfect but if we're keeping that formation I'd rather have Freeman and Spörle in the wing back positions. Smith isn't good enough going forward at this level, Robson isn't much better. When there's so little coming creativity or build up play from the midfield in this formation, especially with today's starting XI, it's killing any attacking ambitions stone dead.

If Edwards and Mulgrew are both playing then we should have Neilson in beside them as he at least has a bit of confidence on the ball. At the very least his first instinct won't always be to punt the ball long.

I also wouldn't have Clark as the 2nd striker up alongside Shankland in this formation. We either need to give Appéré a decent run playing alongside Shanks there or look to sign someone else.

1 minute ago, captainkev said:

Sevco could easily match the 8 they put past Accies last season next weekend on today's viewing.

It wouldn't be perfect but if we're keeping that formation I'd rather have Freeman and Spörle in the wing back positions. Smith isn't good enough going forward at this level, Robson isn't much better. When there's so little coming creativity or build up play from the midfield in this formation, especially with today's starting XI, it's killing any attacking ambitions stone dead.

If Edwards and Mulgrew are both playing then we should have Neilson in beside them as he at least has a bit of confidence on the ball. At the very least his first instinct won't always be to punt the ball long.

I also wouldn't have Clark as the 2nd striker up alongside Shankland in this formation. We either need to give Appéré a decent run playing alongside Shanks there or look to sign someone else.

Or we can take the eight (nine, ten…) and hope it opens Ogren’s eyes.

I remember various Arabs thinking similar things when we were wanting Lazlo binned.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

How long before a ‘Tam Courts must go’ thread?

My the end of September we will have played seven league matches.  I think we might only have four points by then.  If we get beat by Dundee at Tannadice he will be under huge pressure.  If we get horsed by Dundee, which is a possibility, I think his position will be untenable.

Wetting yer nickers after only one game! 😂

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Or we can take the eight (nine, ten…) and hope it opens Ogren’s eyes.

I remember various Arabs thinking similar things when we were wanting Lazlo binned.

What concerns me is that I highly doubt even that'll be enough. I really can't see Courts being gone before New Year. Asghar and Ogren have sunk a lot of their credibility into promoting Courts.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

No, I’ve been wetting my knickers since Courts’ appointment.

Fair enough. It was a bizarre appointment.  But you have to hope that it's not the disaster that you fear.

We're stuck with Jobby, Scally and Archie - the Three Stooges of Maryhill. You can have them if you want them...

13 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Fair enough. It was a bizarre appointment.  But you have to hope that it's not the disaster that you fear.

We're stuck with Jobby, Scally and Archie - the Three Stooges of Maryhill. You can have them if you want them...

Jobby would be a massive upgrade on what we currently have. The man's an absolute bell-end but I'd be delighted to have him back if it meant getting shot of Mr Phones-r-us.

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Jobby would be a massive upgrade on what we currently have. The man's an absolute bell-end but I'd be delighted to have him back if it meant getting shot of Mr Phones-r-us.

I must admit that I have not been following the progress of Mr Courts. If he's bad as you say, you have my sympathy.

Surely Tam can't be as idiotic or deluded as the imbecile appointed by our Jlow, the execrable Gary Caldwell?

WTAF???

I thought his comments were delusional at best. The last 15 of the first half aside, Aberdeen battered Utd and had it been more than 2 I don't think Utd could've complained.

7 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I must admit that I have not been following the progress of Mr Courts. If he's bad as you say, you have my sympathy.

Surely Tam can't be as idiotic or deluded as the imbecile appointed by our Jlow, the execrable Gary Caldwell?

On the face of it he's just completely unqualified for the post. No record as a player, coach or manager in the professional game. Got the gig because he was on the premises and presumably those in charge saw something in him but f**k knows what that was and how they came to the conclusion that it was worth chucking all accepted practice out of the window for this boy wonder.

If he's got something then he better start showing it soon because from the outside it looks a lot like he's blagging it. And he talks a lot of shit, which really doesn't help.