The Dundee United Thread 22/23

10 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Has Duffy "emerged" or has he played because of suspension and injury injury we dont have anyone else?

Id love to be proved wrong and hate to be down on a young kid but Duffy doesn't look anything like a top league full back.

I don't think Josh Doig looks like a £5 million left back, but apparently he is just that! 

Just had a wee look, there are already four Scots in Lincoln’s first team squad plus an English born player who has represented Scotland.  Seems a surprisingly high number.

One is out on loan but another English born player who has played for Scotland in on loan.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Just had a wee look, there are already four Scots in Lincoln’s first team squad plus an English born player who has represented Scotland.  Seems a surprisingly high number.

One is out on loan but another English born player who has played for Scotland in on loan.

Think all that shows that absolute no mark teams in the 3rd top league down there have money to burn if they're bidding £200k on guys like Robson even though they are riddled with shite Scottish players already.

Which is fine by me if they want to chuck nearly a quarter of a million on another one.

Football truly is broken.

2 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Think all that shows that absolute no mark teams in the 3rd top league down there have money to burn if they're bidding £200k on guys like Robson even though they are riddled with shite Scottish players already.

Which is fine by me if they want to chuck nearly a quarter of a million on another one.

Football truly is broken.

I have no idea of the abilities of the existing Scottish players at Lincoln.

Oh dear. That was poor stuff. We maybe improved marginally with the introduction of Chalmers and Fuchs, but that's me trying really hard to be positive.

We're going to have to get a few players in. Our finances dictate that anyone coming in would need to be cheap, but having watched a bit of lower league football the last few weeks, there's plenty talent out there we could get for not spending very much. 

Sadly and annoyingly, next weekend, what should have been a big joyous occasion, threatens to be a real damp squib and Utd fans quite possibly booing our own team.

The Rangers are absolutely going to destroy that team. 

Like I've never feared a pumping from the old firm but I'm dreading what the score line is gonna be. 

This 3/5 at the back doesn't work with the players getting put on the pitch. 

If he's going to persist with it the back 3 needs to be one that doesn't contain Reynolds. 

If the middle 3 doesn't have 2 central midfielders plus a creative output it's pointless. 

If the wingbacks don't provide the width needed and no service gets to the strikers then it's completely without merit playing that system. 

Even going back to 4231 so there's 3 players behind Shanks to play balls from or drag others out of position so wider players can get in behind but we've no one with that kind of pace atm. 

Edited by ArabianKnight

I’ve studiously avoided watching our gaffer talk. Tried to kid myself on that we’re not in this mess.

Just watched his comments on the game. 

😥

I honestly don’t think I’m going to be able to step foot inside Tannadice until this is all over.

The Ashgar era could well be the ruin of our club.

8 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I honestly don’t think I’m going to be able to step foot inside Tannadice until this is all over.

Reactionary nonsense.  Everything points to us being bottom six but you do still have to take into account the fact that we were playing away with 6500 fans cheering them on.  Fuchs looks like the kind of player that takes a few games to get his sharpness back and Shankland is the same.  

I don’t think there is much future for Courts but still think we should be ok in the medium term.

Adam Barton could be the manager, bring back 53 year old Lance Key as our new number one, then make Christopher Rabitsch and Emil Lyng co-captains - I’d still be back at Tannadice in a heartbeat such has been the length of time not being able to watch us live.