The Dundee United Thread 22/23

44 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Joe Rothwell is one but not sure on the other two.

Not meaning to sound unbelieving, but there are names banded about for the sake of it, this I take it is from a "reliable source"?

Would be a position we need to strengthen and would require a fee as he is still under contract for the next season, which could explain the delays.

Do you know the positions we a re def looking at for others?

Edited by Tannadeechee

47 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Not meaning to sound unbelieving, but there are names banded about for the sake of it, this I take it is from a "reliable source"?

Would be a position we need to strengthen and would require a fee as he is still under contract for the next season, which could explain the delays.

Rothwell isn't under contract atm. 

2 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

It’s from someone pretty close to the club but I’d be lying if I didn’t say they have let me down with a couple of potential signing nuggets in the past.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

It’s from someone pretty close to the club but I’d be lying if I didn’t say they have let me down with a couple of potential signing nuggets in the past.

Cheers. These rumours are what we all live for during pre-season! I suppose not every "false" rumour is that, some may be the player turns the club down or don't get an agreement between clubs. Hopefully if we do get someone they are in for the start of the league and aren't weeks behind on fitness.

39 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Cheers. These rumours are what we all live for during pre-season! I suppose not every "false" rumour is that, some may be the player turns the club down or don't get an agreement between clubs. Hopefully if we do get someone they are in for the start of the league and aren't weeks behind on fitness.

Some false rumours are just deliberately false though. Pointing no fingers.

If we’re going to have false rumours can they at least have flair.

I’d rather we weren’t going to sign some prodigy that’s come through La Masia than not sign some 26 year old haddie from the English second division.

1 hour ago, East Coast Warrior said:

Sounds exactly what we’d jump on to be honest. We seem to love being broke and at the same time pissing cash down the drain!

The club/owners aren't as broke as some think. 

Obviously not flush with cash but I don't think we'll be rattling buckets any time soon. 

13 hours ago, GFARAB82 said:

Beni Baningemi from Everton has interest from an unamed Scottish Premiership side according to Liverpool echo. folk have 2+2 = United

Sounds like this years Norwood. Total smoke and mirrors with no chance of it ever materialising but gets the fans distracted for a week or so.

1 minute ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Sounds like this years Norwood. Total smoke and mirrors with no chance of it ever materialising but gets the fans distracted for a week or so.

Nah there's something in it. Whether or not he signs is another matter. 

I think this points more to a back 3 of Butcher Edwards Mulgrew though.