The Dundee United Thread 22/23

25 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Unpredictable... because he doesn't know what he's doing half the time?

I get the impression he knows exactly what he's doing, but being educated in football in another culture seems to make him more adventurous than what we are used to. He's certainly not shite.

6 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

I get the impression he knows exactly what he's doing, but being educated in football in another culture seems to make him more adventurous than what we are used to. He's certainly not shite.

Hes not shite but he's not particularly amazing either. Just...well...unpredictable. Its an attribute in itself but he would easily be replaced by a winger who could hit the byline and cross occasionally. Hes no Jim Patterson. 

I think the fact we are so utterly lacking out wide he gets regular pass marks for being more competent than Robson basically. 

That might sound harsh but if we keep signing guys of the standard of Sporle, Robson, Smith and Connolly well be a comfortable bottom 6 club for the foreseeable.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d be very disappointed to see Sporle go.    Played in a more forward role or as a wing back he can do a job for us.

As I said previously, if replaced by a bang average winger we'd forget all about Sporle as we've forgotten about players like Neil Heaney and David Worrell.

Nothing against the guy, just think he's very replaceable like at least 6 out of our regular starting 11.

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I don't think we can sonsider ourselves that unlucky to be unseeded given a 2 goal win against any of Arbroath, East Fife or Kelty would have done the business 

Or if any of the said clubs had called off due to Covid…

1 minute ago, mishtergrolsch said:

As I said previously, if replaced by a bang average winger we'd forget all about Sporle as we've forgotten about players like Neil Heaney and David Worrell.

Nothing against the guy, just think he's very replaceable like at least 6 out of our regular starting 11.

I am not overestimating his abilities, but I think he’s better than what some folk are claiming though.

Or if any of the said clubs had called off due to Covid…

You could maybe counter that by saying that because our last game was last Tuesday, other teams knew what they had to do to finish with a better record than us.

Had we known before the East Fife game that a 2-0 win would guarantee a seeding it might have changed things. Maybe.

Where will we finish? 5th.

Who will be our POTY? Shankland - until he leaves

Who will be the young POTY? Chalmers

Who will dissappear never to be seen again? Connolly

The biggest disappointment? When Shankland leaves in January for £750k to a Forest or QPR type

Biggest surprise? Tam Courts is actually a very good coach.

Edited by ArabAuslander

22 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

All that nervousness was totally unneccesary. Of course a big club like United was going to be seeded.

We're clearly going to get Hearts or Motherwell now though

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Ayr away, not too bad

Nostradamus you ain’t.

2 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Sooo...a last minute St Mirren goal means we are unlikely to be seeded for the league cup next round, unless Hearts somehow fail to beat Inverness by two goals. Quite unfortunate to lose out to two teams who had 3-0 wins awarded to them due to Covid, but c'est la vie.

Someone forgot that Robbie is pish 😂

It might be two weeks away, I might not even get a ‘ticket’, I’m not convinced by the appointment of Courts or by the squad as it stands; but I’m buzzing at the thought of maybe getting back to a game after so long.

8 minutes ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

Can someone please put me out my misery, by even suggesting the name/s of these imminent signings? 

Courts said the end of last week. It's now Monday afternoon. One frustrated Arab.

Joe Rothwell is one but not sure on the other two.