The Dundee United Thread 22/23

4 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Imagine we brought in like a young GMS and a Ciftci this week. Couple of guys of that standard as they were. Just imagine ...

That'd be good,  eh?

Just imagine. 

Or a Rodney Sneijder and a Rabitsch. IMAGINE.

I'd settle for a young Jim Patterson and a young Robbie Winters...

That's Alexander's departure official.

I wonder if the non signing of Rodgers has had anything to do with it? Alexander was said to have worked with him previously, had recommended him, he plays as a trialist, then we sign Carson. Then rumours hit of Alexander having a falling out. 

Fits the timeline, and might explain why he left abruptly. 

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

That's Alexander's departure official.

I wonder if the non signing of Rodgers has had anything to do with it? Alexander was said to have worked with him previously, had recommended him, he plays as a trialist, then we sign Carson. Then rumours hit of Alexander having a falling out. 

Fits the timeline, and might explain why he left abruptly. 

I would say that's pretty close to the mark or the straw that broke the camels back as it were. 

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

Fuck off.

I've got absolutely nothing against Cammy as a player. I think he'd preform a lot better doing the role Pawlett does for instance but then we've got a few other players I think would be better than Pawlett there so would just be more splinters for him. 

58 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I've got absolutely nothing against Cammy as a player. I think he'd preform a lot better doing the role Pawlett does for instance but then we've got a few other players I think would be better than Pawlett there so would just be more splinters for him. 

If Cammy Smith signs on again I'll track you down and ram him right up your arse (luckily he's only a tiny little man so he'll probably fit fine with only minimal tearing).

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

If Cammy Smith signs on again I'll track you down and ram him right up your arse (luckily he's only a tiny little man so he'll probably fit fine with only minimal tearing).

🤣🤣🤣 Thankfully I'm just taking the piss. Not heard anything other than he's been released and heading back to Scotland as reported in the papers. 

If Cammy Smith came back I'd worry more about him and who was advising him rather than anyone at the club.

He got about three hours of game time in 2 stints at the club while at a lower level. Unless hes planning on sitting in the stands getting paid again, which is fair enough if that's all he'd be after.

Fwiw I thought he was a very poor man's Sam Stanton, who was a decent Championship player when played in his correct position.