The Dundee United Thread 22/23

15 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I'm hearing its Stefan Selakovic. 

Amazing in Champ Man back in the day so id be all for it. Hes about the right age going by our recent signing.

Ah man he was awesome. Champ man 01/02. Attacking mid/ centre .  

Well done on winning the league 

25 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I'm hearing its Stefan Selakovic. 

Amazing in Champ Man back in the day so id be all for it. Hes about the right age going by our recent signing.

If we’re going down the Champ Man route for our Swedish signing surely it’s got to be Niclas Alexandersson? D/M/F RLC. First signing for any club on the planet! He’d solve all our positional problems except sub keeper, and he’d probably do a job there too. There was another wonder kid you could bring to United for £10k back in the day. Zlatan something? Whatever happened to him…? 

Edited by Junior_Arab

Just now, ArabianKnight said:

That's some signing for United. Not quite Siegrist but as good a job as one can make to try and replace him.

Fair fucks. Just hope he's over his constant injury worries.

That's some signing for United. Not quite Siegrist but as good a job as one can make to try and replace him.
Fair fucks. Just hope he's over his constant injury worries.
Remember a game against us where he had injured every part of his body and was hobbling around his 6 yard box making wonder saves against us.

Still young enough you'd think for plenty of good years. Can see the range he comes for crossing that he's a level above most.

A fully fit Trevor Carson is one of the best keepers in the league IMO.

I haven't seen anything anywhere but I assume Siegrist is away? It doesn't make much sense for Carson to go from our bench to yours. Most 'Well fans thought he'd be away to Hartlepool.

United after hiring Courts - "our plan is to develop youth and give them a chance, that's why we chose Tam"

Combined age of Uniteds first two signings under Courts - 97

Just now, Ron Aldo said:

A fully fit Trevor Carson is one of the best keepers in the league IMO.

I haven't seen anything anywhere but I assume Siegrist is away? It doesn't make much sense for Carson to go from our bench to yours. Most 'Well fans thought he'd be away to Hartlepool.

Last year of his contract and plenty of interest. He'll be gone within the next few weeks.

20 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Remember a game against us where he had injured every part of his body and was hobbling around his 6 yard box making wonder saves against us.

Still young enough you'd think for plenty of good years. Can see the range he comes for crossing that he's a level above most.

That was the 1-1 when we were on that terrible run in December as half our team was out injured. IIRC Carson and Hartley were carrying injuries, Cadden had to go off, Frear was subbed on then his hamstring exploded within 5 mins of coming on and tried to run it off.

He's a cracking goalkeeper. He's had absolutely no luck for us since the move to Celtic fell through.

Edited by capt_oats

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

United after hiring Courts - "our plan is to develop youth and give them a chance, that's why we chose Tam"

Combined age of Uniteds first two signings under Courts - 97

Hope your not an accountant!

Mulgrew 35 years old

Carson 33 years old.

35 + 33 = 68, where's the extra 29 from.

Besides we have youth already at the club. No one ever said the entire squad would be filled with 16-21 year olds exclusively. The youth will be used and trusted as we have players who are  ready but we will be using experienced players where available that do not "block their gateway" to the team alongside them. Although you'll know that and just be looking to point score.

That's a good signing and you've got to imagine we'll get a couple of years out of him if Benji does go, which I expect.

Hope Benji gets a good move, was our POTY by a mile last season and could easily cut it at a higher level.