The Dundee United Thread 22/23

12 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

We were ‘interested’ in Jackson Irvine. 

I’m sure Hibs were keen to keep a hold of him. If that’s true I can’t imagine there’s any reason, footballing or financial, why he’d leave them to sign for us, sadly. 

1 hour ago, Junior_Arab said:

I’m sure Hibs were keen to keep a hold of him. If that’s true I can’t imagine there’s any reason, footballing or financial, why he’d leave them to sign for us, sadly. 

He signed for St Pauli yesterday. 

22 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Hearing that there may be a couple of signings about to get over the line this week. 

First taxi I've had in ages and the guy was awfy chatty about incomings at Tannadeechee 

Was your driver OorTerry The Terror by any chance ?

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Edwards was isolating, no? Was there some suggestion that he had been/was being let go?

Yes,.many folk wouldn't accept that he signed a 2 year deal. Transfermarkt.co.uk had him out of contract from 1st July, which was shite.

23 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Yes,.many folk wouldn't accept that he signed a 2 year deal. Transfermarkt.co.uk had him out of contract from 1st July, which was shite.

It's a frustration reading know all experts who 'heard' something about the club, the players and targets, then seeing other United fans meekly accepting their drivel as ongoing facts.

Every club will be the same, I imagine, but presently many United supporters appear to be in a permanent hysteria which is easily stirred by our own fans, leaving aside the open goal provided by other clubs' followers.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

It's a frustration reading know all experts who 'heard' something about the club, the players and targets, then seeing other United fans meekly accepting their drivel as ongoing facts.

Every club will be the same, I imagine, but presently many United supporters appear to be in a permanent hysteria which is easily stirred by our own fans, leaving aside the open goal provided by other clubs' followers.

Arabs Anonymous has a load of hysterical wee laddies, angry older men and some sound c***s but it's absolute moon howler central for the most part. 

9 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Agree, but because so much of it has turned out to be true lately (including some of the wilder rumours) it can be difficult for fans to be rational and just brush it off. 

People seemed to know months in advance that Mellon was leaving. Of course, the club couldn’t just come out and say it, but it festered for a long time. 

Then, people seemed to know that Tam Courts, at that point an under qualified junior manager & youth coach who had barely had a shite in the place was taking over even before Mellon was even officially away. Now a lot of rational people scoffed at that, but here we are.

So it’s little wonder that pretty much any rumour that comes out these days is given a little credence by somebody. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

5 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

People seemed to know months in advance that Mellon was leaving. Of course, the club couldn’t just come out and say it, but it festered for a long time. 

People guessed. Mellon didn't know months ago he was leaving. He just moved his family up here and within two weeks things changed. They just pretend to know or like to think they are in know , why I'm unsure. Too look cool maybe ? 

22 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'm Facebook banned atm so can't post this in Arabs Anonymous but Edwards spotted at pre season today haha. 

FB_IMG_1625592803727.jpg

What election did you claim was stolen from you?