The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

1 year left on his contract - won't take much more than that to get him - maybe 500k, so he's off.

This is just the start of Ogren cutting his losses.

Probably £1m for Pawlett, half that for Harkes.  I think we should hold out for £1.5m for Sporle.

Scotland playing like a Micky Mellon team there (albeit the Waitrose version). Fucking bleurgh. Wee Tommy Courts simply can't be as bad as the guy he's replacing*.

* aesthetically speaking and therefore completely subjective to me so dinnae bother casting this up when we get relegated.

29 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Good to see wee Ryan G visiting the academy to speak to the young teams before signing back with United 👀

I hear its a swap with Pawlett and £1m coming our way.

I hope the wee man can fill Pawletts physio table.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Good to see wee Ryan G visiting the academy to speak to the young teams before signing back with United 👀

Shouldve been playing instead of his former united team mate whos had a shocker. Not naming names though

Stuart Armstrong

Edited by Twinkle

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I hear its a swap with Pawlett and £1m coming our way.

I hope the wee man can fill Pawletts physio table.

1 million coming our way from his agent buying out our stake in him as he's a free agent? 

31 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Shouldve been playing instead of his former united team mate whos had a shocker. Not naming names though

Stuart Armstrong

Dinnae lie you would have both back in a heart beat 🤣 but agreed he would have been far better suited to the game today. 

21 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

This is just the start of Ogren cutting his losses.

Probably £1m for Pawlett, half that for Harkes.  I think we should hold out for £1.5m for Sporle.

Are those realistic valuations?  Are any Scottish Premiership teams likely to be interested, or would bottom English championship/ league 2 teams be the market?

41 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

This would be a good signing 

Yeah, I think if you were to nick him from us you could very much count it as a coup. Saints fans will dress it up and say he wasn't great for the latter half of the season - and he wasn't  - but the fact is we've been trying to get him to sign a deal since before Xmas and he's been holding out.

Suspicion is his agent has been touting him down south, perhaps without much success - so my guess would be he's now trying teams in Scotland who could add an extra K or something to the weekly wage.

23 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, I think if you were to nick him from us you could very much count it as a coup. Saints fans will dress it up and say he wasn't great for the latter half of the season - and he wasn't  - but the fact is we've been trying to get him to sign a deal since before Xmas and he's been holding out.

Suspicion is his agent has been touting him down south, perhaps without much success - so my guess would be he's now trying teams in Scotland who could add an extra K or something to the weekly wage.

Agents the curse of the modern game.

Their motto is 

In the bank large amounts is all what matters.

3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Yeah Aberdeen and Rangers first will be some test to the start of the season. 

If we don’t get at least four points from these two then Courts has to go.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'm quite open to this given; Reynolds is likely away, Connolly is crocked, Kerr Smith will be snapped up and possibly Edwards is away too. 

So we'll be pretty light on defenders soon I feel. 

He's obviously not in the same class as the 'Fintry Figo' but it can work out well when you sign a veteran.

Thank you.