The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, CaspianChris said:

Came across these kit designs just there

The tangerine and white seem decent and I would not say the black is bad but the position of the tangerine stripes is probably not for me

All 3 are nice but the home is very very similar to the academy/training kit. 

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Looks like somebody's going to have a sore head today.

Asian timezone so no. 

Just clear that your man Mark Connolly had a very stupid covid-denier take on the Eriksen incident. 

Our Shaun Rooney 'liked' but everyone knows he's daft

23 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Hearing that when Reynolds goes to Cove Shanks will be offered the captaincy 

How was Reynolds for you? Clearly, if the rumour is true, coming down 2 divisions his experience should stand him in good stead at our level. Could be a decent short term signing for us even though he's in the twilight of his career. Young Ross Graham did an excellent job for us whilst on loan. Wonder if Mark would be considered an improvement. Obviously different qualities.

P.S - if you want to give us Glass back on loan that would be incredibly welcome 🙏

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

How was Reynolds for you? Clearly, if the rumour is true, coming down 2 divisions his experience should stand him in good stead at our level. Could be a decent short term signing for us even though he's in the twilight of his career. Young Ross Graham did an excellent job for us whilst on loan. Wonder if Mark would be considered an improvement. Obviously different qualities.

P.S - if you want to give us Glass back on loan that would be incredibly welcome 🙏

In all honesty you should forget about Reynolds and go for Mark Connolly.  He’s younger than Reynolds and, err, ahh, mmm, he’s younger than Reynolds.

23 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Fair enough. I'm fine with that, Mulgrew being his replacement is still an odd one but I suppose he's better at set pieces at least.

Mulgrew > Reynolds.

It's that simple. Sure he might be an auld c**t too, but he'll be an upgrade imho, especially when it comes to passing the ball out from the back.

I was told the reason Reynolds is looking to move is his knees are gubbed and full time is doing him no favours. 

Always thought he was a decent CH. Seemed to be resorting to long punts the later in his career he got though. 

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Mulgrew > Reynolds.

It's that simple. Sure he might be an auld c**t too, but he'll be an upgrade imho, especially when it comes to passing the ball out from the back.

Never really a fan of Mulgrew, even when he was with us as a young lad. Never really sold on him as a centre half but if hes about as good as Reynolds with the added bonus of being able to play football and add in a dangerous free kick / cross / set piece then I'm fine with that.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

In all honesty you should forget about Reynolds and go for Mark Connolly.  He’s younger than Reynolds and, err, ahh, mmm, he’s younger than Reynolds.

If they sign Reynolds they need to sign Connolly too.

Thats the deal.

Plus £25k going Coves way as a thank you.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

I was told the reason Reynolds is looking to move is his knees are gubbed and full time is doing him no favours. 

Always thought he was a decent CH. Seemed to be resorting to long punts the later in his career he got though. 

Do Cove not have a plastic pitch? Sure I read that somewhere. If so, would that not be worse on his knees than full time football on grass?

24 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Do Cove not have a plastic pitch? Sure I read that somewhere. If so, would that not be worse on his knees than full time football on grass?

Yes we do! Not good news his knees are failing. Hopefully he gives us one good season and aids us in promotion to the Championship. 

Our defence is already fairly strong for L1 standard without Reynolds. We'll start Strachan at CB and it'll either be Reynolds or Morgyn Neill alongside him. Our left back, Harry Milne, is our best defender and could play higher. Right back Scott Ross has his position cemented.

Dundee United have outstanding young players and I'm sure the change of the older guard will work out well for you.

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Yes we do! Not good news his knees are failing. Hopefully he gives us one good season and aids us in promotion to the Championship. 

Our defence is already fairly strong for L1 standard without Reynolds. We'll start Strachan at CB and it'll either be Reynolds or Morgyn Neill alongside him. Our left back, Harry Milne, is our best defender and could play higher. Right back Scott Ross has his position cemented.

Dundee United have outstanding young players and I'm sure the change of the older guard will work out well for you.

How has Daniel Higgins been for you? Looked like he had the potential to be a decent CH for us before he bizarrely decided the Kilmarnock U21s was a better option. (I already await the tap in I've presented for United fans)

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

How has Daniel Higgins been for you? Looked like he had the potential to be a decent CH for us before he bizarrely decided the Kilmarnock U21s was a better option. (I already await the tap in I've presented for United fans)

In his first season, whilst we were in L2, he got games and was starting to look fairly strong and reliable. He then got injured, was out for 2 months and basically never got back into the team. Ross Graham froze him out last season. If Reynolds comes in he's maybe 4th choice CH.

He can still do a job for us in L1 but must be a bit demoralised being left on the bench each week. To that extent I wouldn't be massively surprised if he moved on which would be a shame.

I'm hoping the relative close distance between Cove and both premiership Dundee sides allows us to get a few promising young lads on loan.

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

In his first season, whilst we were in L2, he got games and was starting to look fairly strong and reliable. He then got injured, was out for 2 months and basically never got back into the team. Ross Graham froze him out last season. If Reynolds comes in he's maybe 4th choice CH.

He can still do a job for us in L1 but must be a bit demoralised being left on the bench each week. To that extent I wouldn't be massively surprised if he moved on which would be a shame.

I'm hoping the relative close distance between Cove and both premiership Dundee sides allows us to get a few promising young lads on loan.

With McPake's relationship with Hartley, I wouldn't be surprised!