The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Thats to partner 34 year old Mark Reynolds to bring through our 29 year old wonderkid Mark Connolly after he recovers from his injury. 

I had to double check Mark Connolly's age.  I refuse to believe somebody that immobile is only 29.

2 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

And if you believe that you’ll believe that we conducted an exhaustive recruitment drive and comprehensive set of interviews of outstanding candidates rather than just playing eeny meeny miny moe with the youth coaches. 

There’s some things I don’t like about supporting a football team and one of them is when people at the club treat you like a c**t.  Fat Tony’s condescension might yet earn him a rap in the pus from someone.

4 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

And if you believe that you’ll believe that we conducted an exhaustive recruitment drive and comprehensive set of interviews of outstanding candidates rather than just playing eeny meeny miny moe with the youth coaches. 

I dont particularly but given you've paid Pawlett and a number of other utter haddies a decent wage, I'd not be overly surprised if they had

1 hour ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

I'm fine with mulgrew. Especially if we plan on using academy players more significantly.

Weve got a couple of very promising centre halfs coming through allegedly in Smith and Neilson. I think there's another one too, no?

We have three senior centre backs contracted to the end of this season at least.

Why do we need another well paid, aging centre back (which would make 4) when we could blood at least one of the young starlets through this season with an aim for them to establish a place over the coming seasons?

Unless one senior defender is on the way out? But even then, would it not be the case that we should have one of these young, promising centre halfs waiting in the wings?

Seems to go against the plan they've been flogging to fans since Asghar and co took over. Especially if rumours hinting at Mellon not playing enough academy players was part of the reason he was punted.

1 hour ago, Reverend Maynard said:

No chance pal, you’re not strategic enough in your strategy.

Dundee United - only for those with an MBA

I have an MBA but would not be interested in the job.

15 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

I'm fine with mulgrew. Especially if we plan on using academy players more significantly.

Putting Charlie Mulgrew in charge of the kids is always likely to be a failed strategy.

39 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

From what I've been told they are basically just negotiating how much of his contract they will pay off. 

Fair enough. I'm fine with that, Mulgrew being his replacement is still an odd one but I suppose he's better at set pieces at least.