The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Mark - as we Dundee fans well know there is f**k all you can do. As I said earlier you should have been far more supportive of Stephen Thomson.

Nope - there’s zip you guys can do but look forward to a harrowing end game which will be a crisis of existential proportions.

Which of course makes it even more enjoyable for the rest of us.

We’ve walked through the valley of the shadow of death twice before so believe me, we know.

So I shouldn't bother sending back any season tickets?

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Yay!

That's what I thought you were getting at with the first post but then you doubled down by posting details of long term creditors (hint: debt, rather than losses).

But, the figure's already there Ludo! You didn't need to take your socks off to add it up. It says it clear as day in the accounts: £8.7m. You posted it and yet still don't understand it instead thinking that the loan from Ogren is in addition to the losses, rather than paying for the losses. 

I'm no invested enough to read that tbh.

Some rattle from you nonetheless.

Edited by Ludo*1

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Mark - as we Dundee fans well know there is f**k all you can do. As I said earlier you should have been far more supportive of Stephen Thomson.

Nope - there’s zip you guys can do but look forward to a harrowing end game which will be a crisis of existential proportions.

Which of course makes it even more enjoyable for the rest of us.

We’ve walked through the valley of the shadow of death twice before so believe me, we know.

Coolio in da house!

So I shouldn't bother sending back any season tickets?

I think that’s worth doing in cases where it might make a difference or if it makes you feel better.

In the case of Dundee United I reckon it would make diddly squat difference but if it will make you feel better, crack on.

You could always stay away as a protest but that will increase your losses to £10,001 per day.

"I like a lean squad, a versatile squad, an experienced squad - players who understand what's required," he said. "But I'm also very open-minded to the fact that we've got some really talented young players here."

‘Experienced’ = cheap, old and shite.
‘Lean’ = 8 ‘experienced players’ (see above) + the ‘talented young players’.
‘Versatile’ = able to sell Herbalife.

I want to see if I have this right - a former policeman turned failed agent has decided along with his petrol forecourt pal that the way to stem gigantic losses year on year is getting rid of an able manager and replacing him with somebody from the tuck shop so he will play all the St John's S5 team and then they could all be sold for millions?

Terrific. Can't say you weren't warned. It was clearly going to go bad I just never thought this bad. This quickly. 

How much is Ogren worth again, @Twinkle

Changing the mood a little , re Ogren getting his money back. Over a few years (2011- 2015, I think ) we sold

Russell £750k
Goodwillie £2million
Armstrong can’t remember
Mackay-Stevens can’t remember
Chifci £1 m?
Gauld £2 million ?
Robertson £ 2 million ?

The later with ad ons

Can’t be arsed looking up the exact figures but you get my point. It can be done.

3 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Changing the mood a little , re Ogren getting his money back. Over a few years (2011- 2015, I think ) we sold

Russell £750k
Goodwillie £2million
Armstrong can’t remember
Chifci £1 m?
Gauld £2 million ?
Robertson £ 2 million ?

The later with ad ons

Can’t be arsed looking up the exact figures but you get my point. It can be done.

Clutching.

31 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Russell £750k
Goodwillie £2million
Armstrong can’t remember
Chifci £1 m?
Gauld £2 million ?
Robertson £ 2 million ?

The later with ad ons

Well that's good then. Problem solved.

For f**k sake. Stayed off Pie and Bovril for a bit and next thing we’ve lost £6 million in two years, appointed some c**t’s mate Tam as manager and Peter Pawlett is still on set pieces. I blame Granny Danger.

Edited by Gibby82