The Dundee United Thread 22/23

9 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Are Utd paying for all of these DAB tracksuit fuckers/coaches that have infiltrated Dundee secondary schools? 

Thank you.

Whether anyone’s actually paying for it is one thing buts definitely going down against the club. 

Hi Arabs, 

We have finally reached the final of Scotland’s Coolest Stadium award presented by The Auchterarder Chippy podcast in association with Pie and Bovril the public have chosen our final two stadia as Tynecastle or Tannadice.

Vote on Twitter via the link below to have your say (See thread for stadium descriptions). 

The winner will be announced when the voting closed in 24 hours time. 

Retweet and share to make sure Tannadice is in with a chance. 

Edited by J.A.G

Another £3million loss for the second year on the trot with a £7million loan to your owner.

I know clubs are in a tricky spot and losses are to be expected just now, but where has £13m gone in 2 seasons? (Not including the one just past)

Understandably COVID has had an effect on finance, I think Livi made a loss of about 1.5/2m but the sale of Dykes somewhat kept us afloat amongst it. However, Dundee Utd's finances look far beyond being just effected by COVID. 

A team overspending to get up for a few seasons who then got utterly blindsided by a huge financial void without a chance of fixing. Surely looking a bit grim, and more context to the Courts appointment.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Another £3million loss for the second year on the trot with a £7million loan to your owner.

I know clubs are in a tricky spot and losses are to be expected just now, but where has £13m gone in 2 seasons? (Not including the one just past)

Their "wages to turnover %" is genuinely appalling. Don't think it's been below 100% since Ogren came in, peaking at 120%, while 70% is seen as the "extreme limit" of financial safety.

Makes this push to promote a youth coach and hope they can produce multiple 7 figure youngsters understandable, but it's utterly deluded.

You lot aren't much better but at least your owner is rooted deep due to the stadium, Ogren has zero links to United and if they don't start producing players worth millions isn't getting his money back, so how much more will he chuck in the fire?

The obvious answer to that is Shankland [emoji3062].

Don't worry we are paying Brophy similar numbers [emoji2957].

Seriously though, worrying numbers, we'll for someone who is pretty clueless when it comes to football accounts. Is all the debt owed to the owner? Like he is carrying the debt himself? He is pretty minted isn't he.

Seen the scenario at Morton when the owner was a Ton fan, pumped millions into the club now the son wants the money repaid (similar to the Thompsons?)

Mental considering we were nearly shut down for owing the bank 1.7m. Different debtor right enough.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

As you say, it looks like it's without merit (I'd say questionable merit but that's maybe semantics). If there's merit tell us what it is.

I said to my pals the other day, this is probably on paper the worst appointment made by any top flight club ever in terms of (lack of) experience as a manager/coach/player at anything approaching this level and not even having the correct qualifications for the role (A licence instead of pro). 

I await any suggestions to the contrary. 

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Where the f**k did we get £7M to loan to the owner? Wow, things are looking up.

Are you a professional accountant Ludo?

21 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Galaticos :D 

From what I've seen so far though Courts is an insufferable w**k

Tam is a decent lad. His brother - who used to post on here - is the insufferable w**k.

29 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Where the f**k did we get £7M to loan to the owner? Wow, things are looking up.

Are you a professional accountant Ludo?

It's pretty much spelled out in your accounts m8.

Eta: I don't care if you're picking up my poor turn of phrase of 'to' instead of 'from'. Still bashing straight on.

Screenshot_20210609-201432_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by Ludo*1

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's pretty much spelled out in your accounts m8.

Eta: I don't care if you're picking up my poor turn of phrase of 'to' instead of 'from'. Still bashing straight on.

Screenshot_20210609-201432_WhatsApp.jpg

Be honest now Ludo, did you just add up those two figures and come to the conclusion that United were in debt to the tune of £13m?

nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

13 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Be honest now Ludo, did you just add up those two figures and come to the conclusion that United were in debt to the tune of £13m?

nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

Sitting Stevie Wonder GIF by Paul McCartneySome nice spinning.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Sitting Stevie Wonder GIF by Paul McCartneySome nice spinning.

It's a simple question, Ludes. Did you look at a set of accounts showing sums due to long term creditors in two consecutive years and think that the numbers should be added up?

We can overlook the fact that those two numbers actually add up to £14m. 

The appointment of the youth coach as manager makes sense now.
You’re absolutely skint. Wonder how many more million Ashgar is going to sink in before he gets bored.