The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 minute ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

John Hughes, Steven Pressley, Neil McCann, Stuart Kettlewell, Ian McCall.............. there's five so far that I definitely don't want to see in the home dugout at Tannadice for the derbies next season. Feel free to add your own.

McCall's a bell-end but he's a good manager, tbf. 

Mellon talked an incredibly good game when he arrived and he’s clearly a decent guy. I’m disappointed it didn’t work out for him but I’m not that bothered given the football we’ve seen this season. My big concern is what happens next. I don’t have a huge amount of confidence.

Just now, steve55 said:

Mellon should have been given more time to be fair.

I don't think it was a question of that tbh. I think he probably wanted away for whatever reason, and the board were not willing to stand in his way.

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Ian Cathro is set to be out a job as well so you might not be far off the money.

A United boy coming home as head coach? Levein back to United as Director of Football to oversee the young protégé's development?

Make it happen.

Would rather sit through a 9-3 England win over Scotland this summer than have that happen

Mellon wasn’t on the radar when we appointed a manager last time round and I would be happy with an equally obscure pick again.  Except one who doesn’t play such eye-bleeding football.

Looking around the various United forums, it's odd to note how many posters have 'heard' who is getting the job, while there's nothing announced officially about a departure. Also an awful number of fans seem happy to accept the word of Scott Burns on prospective signings as he usually gets things right, but are ignoring that he's written the parting of the ways will be 'amicable'.

That doesn't fit the narrative of moaning about the way the club is run, and pointing the finger at Asghar at any given opportunity.