The Dundee United Thread 22/23

We haven’t heard much from Asghar or Ogren recently.

With the speculation that has followed Mellon for weeks, it would be good to get an end of season reflection/looking ahead to next year type update from the club. Seems fairly common across the country for fans to be getting something like that now the season has ended. We’ve had a very brief squad update about released players, but that’s it.

2 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

Every other club could say the same using that logic. 

St Johnstone's success shouldn't be used as a stick to beat our club IMO.

What stick would you suggest?  Being stuck in the Championship whilst clubs on far smaller budgets play successive season of Premiership football?

44 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What stick would you suggest?  Being stuck in the Championship whilst clubs on far smaller budgets play successive season of Premiership football?

I wouldn't suggest any stick. I'm content with the progress being made since Ogren took over. Some folk aren't but that's unreasonable in my opinion.

Can see Danger's point tbh, although as some have said, it's not just our club.

Thompson jr spent years digging us out of the financial hole his father left us in, before digging one of his own. For all we love to slag the fermers, I'd love us to have had even half of their fiscal management skills.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Can see Danger's point tbh, although as some have said, it's not just our club.

Thompson jr spent years digging us out of the financial hole his father left us in, before digging one of his own. For all we love to slag the fermers, I'd love us to have had even half of their fiscal management skills.

If we can emulate the recent success of the Fermers then ill be over the moon. Obviously. 

A cup double is almost unheard of outwith the arse cheeks and the Fermers should rightly be praised for doing it. 

Its not just their fiscal management but their ability to consistently pick good managers to run things the way they want. Hats off to them for that as its paid off big time.

Stability is key.

It puts clubs like ours to shame for picking absolute potatoes for decades and being a bit of a basket case off field.

Like ours did, their luck will run out at some point and things will change, but they won't give a f**k about that right now.

Just shows whats possible for a club like ours if we can get the finger out.

7 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

I wouldn't suggest any stick. I'm content with the progress being made since Ogren took over. Some folk aren't but that's unreasonable in my opinion.

Maybe so, but I reckon Ogren will walk in a couple of years and we will be in as bad a shape as ever.  

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe so, but I reckon Ogren will walk in a couple of years and we will be in as bad a shape as ever.  

I wouldnt he surprised if he did walk in a few years tbh.

Will want to spend time at his golf course.

19 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I wouldnt he surprised if he did walk in a few years tbh.

Will want to spend time at his golf course.

way some folk talk youd have it as a few weeks not years lol

4 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

To be fair, this is probably one of the more unsurprising moves of the summer. I thought he was going to Doncaster, but following Tranmere's failure yesterday, it might be back there.

Supposedly been on the cards for weeks.