The Dundee United Thread 22/23

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He's not shite and he's not worth a two year contract.

He's been inconsistent as f**k, as he has for most of his career. Probably enough to merit a one year extension at his best, if we can get the number of his best games into double figures.

^^^ Pawlett’s agent.

6 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

He's not shite and he's not worth a two year contract.

He's been inconsistent as f**k, as he has for most of his career. Probably enough to merit a one year extension at his best, if we can get the number of his best games into double figures.

Pawlett had an outstanding six months in 2014, apart from that, average at best.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

In a rather random rumour yer man Shankland being linked with a move to Russian club FC Orenburg. One time Killie player Peter Leven is on the team's coaching staff.

Well it's more interesting than getting randomly linked with some dog shit English lower league club anyway.

Pressley on OTB earlier claimed the playoff against Thistle was the last time Tannadice was sold out.

Now, I'm not one to call that arsehole a lying p***k without evidence, but I'm sure I've been at at least 3 or 4 home sellouts since 1996.

Pretty sure we sold out for the play-off home game against St. Mirren back in 18/19 (and might have done so in the Inverness game before that too?)

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Pressley on OTB earlier claimed the playoff against Thistle was the last time Tannadice was sold out.

Now, I'm not one to call that arsehole a lying p***k without evidence, but I'm sure I've been at at least 3 or 4 home sellouts since 1996.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

There have been a hell of a lot of derbies in between as well, and friendlies probably would be a grey area, but the two against Barcelona in 2007 and 2008 were pretty busy...

Yeah those were so obvious I didn't even think of pointing them out lol

On 01/05/2021 at 00:12, ArabFC said:

Take a chill pill man. This absolutely grim squad just stayed up with eased and papped Aberdeen 3-0 to get through to a Scottish Cup semi.

Sure, we need to strengthen, but let’s be realistic. If we manage to add a couple of players who improve the squad over and above what what we’ve got and might lose, we’ll be doing well. Pawlett clearly still has a role to play - as long as he’s not on a good wage I’m content with him staying.

Plenty of other players that need to be shown the door ahead of Pawlett and prob a few others looking for the door.

No. I hate this news.

Even if he is on 500 quid a week it's too much

Anyway, I look forward to the club having the begging bowl out again in short order. 

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Both Dundee home games in 2019-20 were sell-outs, 14,108 in attendance for the 6-2 game and 14,007 for the 1-1 draw. Over 13,000 for Dundee derbies in both 2012-13 and 2014-15 as well. There was "only" 12,210 in Tannadice for the playoff against Thistle anyway, although that may have been before the Fair Play was built.

So he's talking utter pish.

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Seriously, what is that creepy w****r’s problem?

18 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

He's applied for the managers post numerous times and not even been shortlisted. 

I thought he was interviewed when Houston left and McNamara got the job?

Edited by captainkev

11 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Both Dundee home games in 2019-20 were sell-outs, 14,108 in attendance for the 6-2 game and 14,007 for the 1-1 draw. Over 13,000 for Dundee derbies in both 2012-13 and 2014-15 as well. There was "only" 12,210 in Tannadice for the playoff against Thistle anyway, although that may have been before the Fair Play was built.

So he's talking utter pish.

Not for the first time, and guaranteed not for the last.

The easy way you know Pressley is talking shite is whenever his lips are moving.

He may be an absolute tosser who consistently talks shite without even bothering to check the facts, but he has given me the opportunity to revisit this moment in United history, and it weren't half bad! 🤗

Edited by ArabFC