The Dundee United Thread 22/23

52 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

It would not surprise me if we offered him a new deal. He would need to take a major pay cut but i expect that he will be taking one anyway joining the farmers

Can't see it. I can probably count on one hand the number of really good performances we've had out of him in two and a half years. He's had a fair few half decent, 6/10, performances and the rest he's been injured or shite, often both. He's never going to be reliable in terms of fitness and isn't that good even when fit. I think you'd get more out of Chalmers, Glass or Mochrie taking his space in the team/on the bench.

27 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Can't see it. I can probably count on one hand the number of really good performances we've had out of him in two and a half years. He's had a fair few half decent, 6/10, performances and the rest he's been injured or shite, often both. He's never going to be reliable in terms of fitness and isn't that good even when fit. I think you'd get more out of Chalmers, Glass or Mochrie taking his space in the team/on the bench.

I dont disagree but would it surprise anyone if Mellon offered an experienced premiership player a new reduced contract?

3 hours ago, Twinkle said:

It would not surprise me if we offered him a new deal. He would need to take a major pay cut but i expect that he will be taking one anyway joining the farmers

He can gtf.

2 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Worryingly, Pawlett has been having a bit of work done on his house recently. Suppose he can easily commute to Perth.

Yeah, you wouldn't want to move to Perth. What would he do there? (assuming his sister doesn't live in Perth).

Perth the town is a shite hole.

Perthshire is beautiful. But full of old Tories and incest loving fermers so Pawlett is right to stay in Dundee and commute.

Maybe the little team from accross the road have offered him a deal? They like our ageing, injury prone, inconsistent has beens after all.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

16 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I look forward to Peter Pawlett moving to St Johnstone and playing 37 Premiership games next season.

Playing 29 times off the bench dosent count.

And he won't last the the full 90 in the other 8 games either.