The Dundee United Thread 22/23

I always want United to win and get as high up the league as possible.

I know it is still looking a long shot but which scenario would benefit us best?

Scrape into the top six, more money and, no fear of relgation then test ourselves against teams (most of whom have better players and budgets) but risk getting a doing and affect confidence but which could really highlight where we need to strengthen...

Or 

Bottom 6, less money, possible chance of a relegation fight but which could mean playing against teams with similar players/budgets and potential confidence building if we got a few wins (especially early on)?

3 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

I know it is still looking a long shot but which scenario would benefit us best?

Scrape into the top six, more money and, no fear of relgation then test ourselves against teams (most of whom have better players and budgets) but risk getting a doing and affect confidence but which could really highlight where we need to strengthen...

Or 

Bottom 6, less money, possible chance of a relegation fight but which could mean playing against teams with similar players/budgets and potential confidence building if we got a few wins (especially early on)?

Top 6 every time

4 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

Or 

Top 6 for sure.

As I said, I always want us up higher etc.  If we get humped so be it, as you learn something from playing better quality opposition.  More money from league placing and a chance for players to prove themselves with the fear of relegation.  It allows the manager to assess who can do s job and who cannot going into next season. 

As for the big cup, stranger things have happened.  We won it in 94 when finishing 2 points ahead of St Johnstone who were relegated.

The weirdness of football.  A team that are held as heroes for bringing the big cup to Tannadice are also the team that could easily have got us relegated that season and in fact most of whom got us relegated the following year.

1 hour ago, Sugar_Army said:

Or 

More money every time.

Our owner has gone cap in hand for £170k from fans already. A £600k hand out in a few weeks is a no brainer.

f**k confidence! We'll probably be hoofing half that squad and selling Shankland ASAP anyway!

I still think well end up bottom 6 fwiw.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

8 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

More money every time.

Our owner has gone cap in hand for £170k from fans already. A £600k hand out in a few weeks is a no brainer.

f**k confidence! We'll probably be hoofing half that squad and selling Shankland ASAP anyway!

I still think well end up bottom 6 fwiw.

Wouldn't be so certain about Shankland not being here next season 👀

1 hour ago, Sugar_Army said:

Or 

That's not a question 

One other thing that today showed is the sooner the lower leagues are called the we can confirm Dillon as a full time member of the commentary time the better it is for everyone. [mention=12809]stumigoo[/mention], sign me up as a member of the dillo fan club. 

Yaaassss!!

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Wouldn't be so certain about Shankland not being here next season 👀

If Shankland is here next season I'll be delighted because he'll have either rejected a big move to stay here to (hopefully) sign a new 3 year deal with a £2 Million release clause or something.

I love Shankland. What a man.

58 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Our next game is away to the run away league leaders.  Mellon will be tempted to go with five at the back; I hope he doesn’t.

Its a (and I hate the phrase) free hit really. We all expect a defeat but as they're struggling a bit we might well nick something.