The Dundee United Thread 22/23

24 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

That game was a microcosm of the season. Fucking mingin but ultimately successful 

I watch football and support a team because I enjoy the game.  At the moment this not enjoyable to watch.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

At least I pay my dues, unlike some who just disappear from here for a while then claim ignorance/old age/ dementia. 

Second wave though, fingers crossed.

F*ck sake, name a charity and I will bung £20 their way.  I can afford it, it will probably do some good, and it will (hopefully) stop you moaning about something that I genuinely cannot remember.

Edited by Granny Danger

I watch football and support a team because I enjoy the game.  At the moment this not enjoyable to watch.
The last 20 minutes were decent when we changed shape. Hamilton made it a bit easier by not deciding whether they were sitting in or pressing us but it looks like we could do something with a front 2 of mcnulty and shankland with Clark in behind.

It wasn’t a front 2.

More a 4231 with Bolton left and McNulty right.

But in the absence of any kind of creativity from midfield, that system with Clark as a no.10 is probably as good a way to go as any - at least against the sides below us.

The problem is that our centre backs are so shit that Mellon appears to think that playing 3 instead of just the 2 will help.

ps - what the f**k has happened to Appere?

Edited by ArabFC

8 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

It wasn’t a front 2.

More a 4231 with Bolton left and McNulty right.

The problem is that our centre backs are so shit that Mellon appears to think that playing 3 instead of just the 2 will help.

ps - what the f**k has happened to Appere?

Regardless of how we play from midfield forward, four at the back is a far better option with full backs who can get forward.  Connolly in particular just gives the ball away.

I’m not sure Appere would be in my starting lineup.  I’m more interested in keeping Pawlett out of that team than anyone’s inclusion.

17 hours ago, ArabFC said:

We’re playing eye-bleeding fitba, but we’re 5th so 🤷‍♂️

8DB36243-73CF-443B-8F72-18E561C0FB40.jpeg

One thing I remember from reading Tranmere fan comments when Mellon was appointed is the consensus that his teams improve as the season progresses and they are slow starters but finish strongly.

Top 3?

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

One thing I remember from reading Tranmere fan comments when Mellon was appointed is the consensus that his teams improve as the season progresses and they are slow starters but finish strongly.

Top 3?

I think we get 5 Euro spots next season, so I'd be delighted with top 5.

Though not sure how the whole Cup winner/runnerup thang works in this new format.

Edited by ArabFC

From what I have seen of this league so far, I think United will finish somewhere between 5th and 8th.

Hamilton, Ross County and The Maureens are dreadful and will not finish above us.

Livingston were impressive in their win at Tannadice and they are the only side out of the bottom four that I can maybe see hitting any kind of form between now and May. Although going by their fans calling for Gary Holt to be sacked, it seems that performance was a one off and they have been terrible in most other games.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo