The Dundee United Thread 22/23

46 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

If Fuchs can complete a 5 yard forward pass he will instantly become our best midfielder. Friday night was one of the worst midfield displays I have ever seen, Butcher and Harkes offered nothing offensively or defensively while Bartley and Holt strolled around the pitch dictating play. With Fuchs forced to quarantine for 2 weeks we should be giving Powers a chance, no world beater but can at least complete a pass. 

I think Fuchs is a few days into his 14 days isolation, and could be available for the Aberdeen match.

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

He'd run amok in that tinpot league. Have you seen the defending down there?

Brass neck from Burnley. £100M per season in TV money and trying to loan Scottish Premiership players on the cheap.

If true, I hope their Head of Recruitment of whatever the silly bell end is titled has a full body minter.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Bet McMullan comes back and play a a blinder against us !!!! LoL!!!

Oh no he won't because he is shite 

I know folk love to hate on McMullan, but there have been fairly significant periods when he's been a key player for us.

Would be daft to let him go unless we're bringing in another winger or two.

15 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Yeh sorry that was what I meant - the further down the less chance you’ve got.

If clubs miss games because they’ve breached protocols then it could be a forfeit I suppose but if they didn’t do that to Aberdeen and Celtic I would expect they won’t do it to us.

I wouldn't be so sure - I'm sure if Celtic hadn't been in the frame Aberdeen may have had a heftier punishment.  Regardless, to some extent we can say a line was drawn after the Celtic/Aberdeen situations and thereafter things will be dealt with in another way.  

6 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I know folk love to hate on McMullan, but there have been fairly significant periods when he's been a key player for us.

Would be daft to let him go unless we're bringing in another winger or two.

Significant periods = 5 games last season and 2 the season before. At Championship level.

And hes a winger that can't cross, can't dribble and is built like a 9 year old thats been starved for a month.

Well miss nothing if he goes other than his pace.

Bye bye, Paul. Nothing personal but yer pish.

25 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Significant periods = 5 games last season and 2 the season before. At Championship level.

And hes a winger that can't cross, can't dribble and is built like a 9 year old thats been starved for a month.

Well miss nothing if he goes other than his pace.

Bye bye, Paul. Nothing personal but yer pish.

Apparently Livi tried to sign him a few years ago, wonder if we'd be back in for him given we're after a winger apparently

The criticism of McMullan is way over the top. I'm sure there were always reservations about his ability to cut it in the top flight (and those reservations will no doubt remain given that he's had about 15 minutes this season) but he did a good job in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

The criticism of McMullan is way over the top. I'm sure there were always reservations about his ability to cut it in the top flight (and those reservations will no doubt remain given that he's had about 15 minutes this season) but he did a good job in the Championship.

Counterpoint; no he didn't.

We would go on a run of two or three games and would then disappear against teams like Alloa.

Anyway, whatever, we can all agree he has no place in  premier league team.  I'm now more concerned with the ones that get a game who have no place in a Premier League team.