The Dundee United Thread 22/23

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

His record bears scrutiny.

He was garbage at Wigan. His time at Watford was deeply average.

He did have a couple of good seasons at Cardiff, but is that really enough?

I think so when you see the other names being mentioned.  I would prefer McLaren obviously but I don't think that will happen.  Either of them is a step up from RN

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Supports The Arabs,

Likes Malky MacKay,

Voted Leave,

Voted Tory.

Can't see me agreeing with anything you come out with.

Gutted, i so wanted you to be my mate

8 hours ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

If Steve McClaren gets it i look forward to hearing his Scottish accent.

I presume that you haven’t read through the last two days of this thread. You are officially the 100th poster to put this.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I presume that you haven’t read through the last two days of this thread. You are officially the 100th poster to put this.

Really??

I thought he was being original too, haven't seen, or read it before here or on any other forum nor seen it every 2nd tweet about McClaren for past 2 days.

McClaren was a great assistant manager but a dreadful manager in the past 10 years - was successful at Boro and his first spell at Twente but has been rank rotten since.

I would have thought United would be better with someone who knew the game in Scotland - Tommy Wright is a no brainer to me.

22 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

McClaren was a great assistant manager but a dreadful manager in the past 10 years - was successful at Boro and his first spell at Twente but has been rank rotten since.

I would have thought United would be better with someone who knew the game in Scotland - Tommy Wright is a no brainer to me.

Keep seeing that but 2nd Twente spell, both Derby spells win % , would have us sitting comfortably top 6.  For newly promoted that would be great and a good platform to build from.

He has been working for FIFA recently and his job involves covering Scotland so would be me more than aware, but believe he wants a "local" assistant.

Tommy Wright is he even interested? I would happily consider him for the role, but he did leave Saints, not happy with DoF, and wanting to spend more time at home in N Ireland. As he hasn't got NI job though who knows.

58 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Tommy Wright is a no brainer to me.

Again, Tommy Wright wouldn't work in United's structure.

For Wright to get the amount of power he wants, Tony Asghar (the man doing the interviews) would probably need to leave. Obviously that isn't going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Again, Tommy Wright wouldn't work in United's structure.

For Wright to get the amount of power he wants, Tony Asghar (the man doing the interviews) would probably need to leave. Obviously that isn't going to happen.

That's a whole new dimension to the "Where do I see myself in 5 years? In your chair" conversation.