The Dundee United Thread 22/23

19 hours ago, ArabFC said:

According to Spiers? The same guy who felt sorry for the paedo from Hearts? Some character reference that!

Malky is a cretin.

It saddens me that fellow supporters would want anyone like him anywhere near the club, let alone be the face of it.

As I said, I was simply going off what Graham Spiers said and another poster had uploaded here - as I have no better reference point.  A similar point was made by Chick Young on the Sportsound podcast that I listened to earlier today. 

To reiterate, I'm happy to be corrected and if Mackay has not shown any genuine contrition then it could well be that he was not sufficiently punished and should not be interviewed/considered for the role.  But I have not seen anyone genuinely suggest that.

18 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

His mate vouching for him based on a conversations in private isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement when none of Malky’s public statements on the matter have shown any ownership or remorse.

Do you have anything better to go on?  If so, please share.

Either way, Steve McLaren is a far more exciting prospect - it would be great to see someone of his experience take the reigns.

8 hours ago, Karl said:

Just interested in the football, absolutely no interest in politics or virtue signaling mate

Almost certainly you're at it (the alternative is you're a horrifically tragic edgelord at best or an old racist at worst), but what makes him a good candidate, in managerial terms?

Why would Makay be a good Dundee United manager?

2 hours ago, arab_joe said:

To reiterate, I'm happy to be corrected and if Mackay has not shown any genuine contrition.

It's a bit like a tree falling in a forest.

A public figure can't show contrition through sources.

56 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Almost certainly you're at it (the alternative is you're a horrifically tragic edgelord at best or an old racist at worst), but what makes him a good candidate, in managerial terms?

Why would Makay be a good Dundee United manager?

I'm an old racist😂😂

What the f**k has this got to do with you?

9 minutes ago, Karl said:

I'm an old racist😂😂

What the f**k has this got to do with you?

If you don't want fans of other clubs asking things then don't post on a multi club forum.

Presumably you won't be answering the original question then?

30 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If you don't want fans of other clubs asking things then don't post on a multi club forum.

Presumably you won't be answering the original question then?

Why wouldn't Malay be a good manager? He's managed at a better level than we have anywhere in Scotland.  

5 minutes ago, Karl said:

Why wouldn't Malay be a good manager? He's managed at a better level than we have anywhere in Scotland.  

Ahh, the old Scottish fitba baaaad, racists gooood argument.

You voted leave didn't you?

Just now, Karl said:

His record bears scrutiny.

He was garbage at Wigan. His time at Watford was deeply average.

He did have a couple of good seasons at Cardiff, but is that really enough?